FileCat premium

Smoove & Turrell - Broken Toys (2014) [Northern Funk, Soul, Acid Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Smoove & Turrell - Broken Toys (2014) [Northern Funk, Soul, Acid Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 10 Feb 2016, 10:00

Artist: Smoove & Turrell
Album: Broken Toys
Genre: Northern Funk, Soul, Acid Jazz
Label: Jalapeno Records
Released: 2014
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Have Love
  2. Will You Be Mine
  3. Lay it on Me
  4. Long Way to Fall
  5. Play to Win
  6. People Keep Talking
  7. Always
  8. I Just Want More
  9. The Clown
  10. Broken Toys
  11. One Woman Army
  12. Coming Home
  13. Now or Never

DOWNLOAD ALBUM >>>

For those who don’t know S&T, Smoove & Turrell (Jonathan Scott Watson and John Turrell) are a British modern soul act. They propelled to fame in 2009 following the release of their first album, Antique Soul, which scored them two records of the week on Radio 2 and a gig at Glastonbury and Big Chill.

You may recongise a couple of their tracks, particularly Hard Work which was used on an IKEA television advert. Other tracks have featured on primetime TV shows such as Match of the Day, Strictly Come Dancing, Splash and Coronation Street. The boys have also performed at the legendary terrace in Space Ibiza and supported soul acts Nile Rodgers and Chic in summer 2012.

Broken Toys is Smoove & Turrell’s third studio album and follows Eccentric Audio released in 2011. With its disco inspired floor stompers, pop jazz and funk numbers, the album is certainly a jump forward in terms of production and appeal.

The album features 13 new tracks including the stomping opener Have Love, an epic dance track with a 70s disco-funk feel. Long Way to Fall and I Just Want More are equally catchy with their groovy guitar riffs and funky beats.

If you’re a fan of sparkling pop classics, check out The Clown with its killer bassline and Will You Be Mine with its catchy electronic beat and old skool synth sounds.

Smoove & Turrell’s funk and northern soul roots (aka, northern funk) are evident in tracks like Lay It On Me and People Keep Talking. Always and Coming Home are also worth checking out with John Turrell on top form lyrically and vocally.

The album finishes with Now or Never, a live ballad with a beautiful piano melody and mahogany-toned vocals. A soothing end to a killer album that you can’t help but groove to.

“To say, Smoove & Turrell are the greatest modern Soul act in to emerge from the U.K would be an epic understatement!” were the words of Craig Charles of BBC6 Music. Frankly, my dear, we agree.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”