FileCat premium

Sam Most - From The Attic Of My Mind (1978/2015) [Bop, Cool]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Sam Most - From The Attic Of My Mind (1978/2015) [Bop, Cool]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 31 Dec 2016, 06:47

Artist: Sam Most
Album: From The Attic Of My Mind
Genre: Bop, Cool
Label: Xanadu / Elemental Music
Released: 1978/2015
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. What Is, Is (5:38)
  2. Breath Of Love (5:54)
  3. Blue Hue (5:52)
  4. You Are Always The One (7:35)
  5. Child Of The Forest (5:49)
  6. One Forgotten Yesterday (4:18)
  7. Keep Moving (6:13)
  8. Out Of Sight, In Mind (6:33)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Sam Most - flute
  • Kenny Barron - piano
  • George Mraz - bass
  • Warren Smith - percussion
  • Walt Bolden - drums

A tremendous album from flute man Sam Most – a record that really shines strongly amidst the rest of his catalog – and one that has us completely reevaluating our understanding of his sound! By the time of this set, Sam had been blowing for a few decades – most famously on Bethlehem Records sessions of the 50s, but also on a number of other records over the years – yet this album has the musician emerging as a stunningly strong voice on his instrument – playing the flute with all of these low, deep tones that are quite a change from more mainstream jazz flute of the decade – especially in fusion or crossover soul. There's a wonderfully moody vibe to the album – laidback, but never sleepy – and cast out perfectly with a group that includes Kenny Barron on piano, George Mraz on bass, Walt Bolden on drums, and Warren Smith on percussion.

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”