FileCat premium

Barry White - All Time Greatest Hits (1994) [Easy Jazz, Soul, Funk, Disco]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Barry White - All Time Greatest Hits (1994) [Easy Jazz, Soul, Funk, Disco]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 22 Feb 2016, 14:26

Artist: Barry White
Album: All Time Greatest Hits
Genre: Easy Jazz, Soul, Funk, Disco
Label: Mercury
Released: 1994
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Love's Theme
  2. I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More, Baby
  3. I've Got So Much To Give
  4. Never, Never Gonna Give You Up
  5. Honey Please, Can't Ya See
  6. Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
  7. You're The First, The Last, My Everything
  8. What Am I Gonna Do With You
  9. I'll Do For You Anything You Want Me To
  10. Let The Music Play
  11. You See The Trouble With Me
  12. Baby, We Better Try To Get It Together
  13. Don't Make Me Wait Too Long
  14. I'm Qualified To Satisfy You
  15. It's Ecstacy When You Lay Down Next To Me
  16. Playing Your Game, Baby
  17. Oh! What A Night For Dancing
  18. Your Sweetness Is My Weakness
  19. Just The Way You Are

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

It took quite a while for a definitive Barry White compilation to hit the market, but All-Time Greatest Hits -- part of Mercury's Funk Essentials series -- finally filled the bill in 1995. Boasting a full 20 tracks from White's heyday of 1973-1978, more than half of which made the R&B Top Ten, All-Time Greatest Hits is easily the most generous single-disc White collection on the market. It includes the edited single versions, not the full-length album tracks, which actually makes for a more digestible introduction to White's achievements. Like his forebear Isaac Hayes, White was not just a deep-voiced crooner, but a talented producer and arranger who'd spent years honing his craft behind the scenes in the industry. And like Hayes, White spent a great deal of time setting up moods on his albums, using lush, sweeping orchestrations to build very gradually to climaxes. (Actually, that probably explains a good deal of his effectiveness.) But White was not simply a Hayes disciple; his swirling productions were less complex than Hayes', but more in tune with the emerging disco sound, which certainly boosted his popularity. Plus, he took full advantage of R&B's new lyrical permissiveness in the wake of Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On. If his voice was limited, it was also a tremendous asset for the kind of music he recorded -- deep, resonant, caressing, but always suggestively masculine. The total package made White an R&B love-man icon not just for the disco era, but all time. For all but the most dedicated fans, All-Time Greatest Hits is one-stop shopping.
by Steve Huey

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”