FileCat premium

Rick Derringer - If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You / Face To Face (2004) [Blues Rock]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Blues Rock
Mike1985
Uploader

Rick Derringer - If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You / Face To Face (2004) [Blues Rock]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 26 Apr 2016, 11:49

Artist: Rick Derringer
Album: If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You / Face To Face
Genre: Blues Rock
Released: 2004
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
1. It Aint Funny 3:49
2. Midnight Road 3:59
3. If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You 4:14
4. EZ Action 3:22
5. Lawyers,Guns And Money 2:54
6. Power Of Love 3:08
7. Sleepless 3:45
8. Tonight 3:05
9. Rocka Rolla 3:02
10. Attitude 3:59
11. Monomania 3:04
12. Runaway 4:40
13. You'll Get Yours 5:00
14. Big City Loneliness 4:01
15. Burn The Midnight Oil 5:35
16. Let The Music Play 3:27
17. Jump,Jump,Jump 7:14
18. I Want A Lover 3:24
19. My My Hey Hey 6:10

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Wounded Bird's 2004 release of Rick Derringer's If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You from 1978 and Face to Face from 1980 spotlights the decline of a steady if unspectacular rocker's recording career. If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You is full of weak songs that barely get up the energy to rock, ballads that suffer from lame lyrics and thin vocals, and a general feeling of going through the motions. Only a few of the 11 songs show any signs of life; "EZ Action" is an Aerosmith knockoff that almost kicks into gear but is derailed by the silly lyrics, "Rocka Rolla" rides some jumpy riffing and a Bay City Rollers-style hook, and Derringer's cover of Warren Zevon's "Lawyers, Guns and Money" is faithful and features some fine guitar playing. These few stabs at something good can't overcome truly awful songs like the novelty rocker "Monomania," the pathetic title track, and the surprisingly tuneless and boring Chinn & Chapman-penned track "It Ain't Funny." The guitar breaks are about all the record has going for it, as Derringer could still let rip with a nasty solo from time to time. Face to Face isn't much better. The majority of the tracks are heavy, piano-led ballads that Derringer can't pull off due to his Twiggy-thin vocals. The only songs that give any indication of Derringer's strengths are the rocking "I Want a Lover" and the sticky-sweet bubblegum pop tune "Let the Music Play," though his guitar pyrotechnics on the cover of Neil Young's "My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)" and the overly long "Jump, Jump, Jump" give you an idea of why he was a much sought-after sideman. Mostly the record sounds like it was cut by a guy who is out of gas and out of ideas. Face to Face and If I Weren't So Romantic, I'd Shoot You have only a shred of the energy and passion that made 1979's Todd Rundgren-produced Guitars and Women a surprising return to the promise of Derringer's early solo albums. Unless you are a big enough fan to have both these albums on vinyl and are looking to upgrade, there is no need to check this disc out. Better to hunt down a hits collection or Derringer's first LP, All American Boy.

Return to “Blues Rock (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”