FileCat premium

Tina May with Nikki Iles & Tony Coe - More Than You Know (2004) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Tina May with Nikki Iles & Tony Coe - More Than You Know (2004) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 10 Apr 2023, 20:39

Artist: Tina May with Nikki Iles & Tony Coe
Album: More Than You Know
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: 33Jazz Records
Released: 2004
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. The Touch of Your Lips
  2. Very Early
  3. More Than You Know
  4. Ocean
  5. Sometime Ago
  6. Cruel September
  7. November Girl
  8. What Kind of Fool Am I?
  9. My Man's Gone Now
  10. So Long Big Time

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Although a working trio for some time now, this is the first time I have heard the group and what an absolute delight it is. May is one of the brightest jazz singing stars to emerge in recent years;Iles is justifiably one of the busiest pianists on the UK jazz scene; and Coe is simply Coe, which is about as good as it gets.

The three are top-class performers, of course, but all-star packages are by no means a guarentee of success.

This time, though, it works out exactly as fans of each of the three participants might hope. As a fan of all three, I am three times lucky to have heard this delightful set. May sings with a blend of sensuality and Iles supports and solos with verve; and Coe whether on clarinet or saxophone brings to the proceedings that vibrant profundity that marks everything that he does. The interpretations have depth and character, each musician bringing to the feast their special performing skills allied to musical integrity that results in a CD that is intellectually and emotionally demanding and satisfying in equal measure.

Consider, as an arbitrary chosen example,' More than You Know' which is given a darly brooding reading that transforms it into something that is almost an art song, in the best sense of that frequently misused term. Good sound, minimal notes, which includes mention of the fact that the label is 14 years old and this , as its number indicates , its 100th release. Congratulations all round.

If you haven't already worked it out for yourself, this CD is very warmly recommended.
Bruce Crowther, Jazz Journal International

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”