FileCat premium

Stan Getz - Four Classic Albums (Fourth Set) (2020) [Cool, Bop, Bossa Nova]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Stan Getz - Four Classic Albums (Fourth Set) (2020) [Cool, Bop, Bossa Nova]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 01 Apr 2024, 17:07

Artist: Stan Getz
Album: Four Classic Albums (Fourth Set)
Genre: Cool, Bop, Bossa Nova
Label: Avid Jazz
Released: 2020
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
    Stan Getz & J.J. Johnson - At the Opera House Chicago (1957) (stereo)
  1. Billie's Bounce (9:48)
  2. My Funny Valentine (8:11)
  3. Crazy Rhythm (7:55)
  4. It Never Entered My Mind (3:31)
  5. Blues in the Closet (9:05)
    Stan Getz & J.J. Johnson - At the Opera House Chicago (1957) (mono)
  6. Billie's Bounce (8:00)
  7. My Funny Valentine (8:30)
  8. Crazy Rhythm (7:50)
  9. Yesterdays (3:45)
  10. It Never Entered My Mind (3:55)
  11. Blues in the Closet (6:18)

CD 2:
    Jazz Samba (1962)
  1. Desafinado (5:51)
  2. Samba Dees Days (3:35)
  3. O Pato (2:32)
  4. Samba Triste (4:46)
  5. Samba de Uma Nota So (6:13)
  6. E Luxo So (3:43)
  7. Baia (6:41)
    Big Band Bossa Nova (1962)
  8. Manha de Carnival (5:50)
  9. Balanco no Samba (3:00)
  10. Melancolico (4:43)
  11. Entre Amigos (3:00)
  12. Chega de Saudade (4:11)
  13. Noite Triste (4:58)
  14. Samba de Uma Nota So (3:28)
  15. Bim Bom (4:31)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

AVID Jazz continues with its Four Classic Albums series with a re-mastered 2CD fourth set release from Stan Getz, complete with original artwork, liner notes and personnel details.
“A fourth set by Stan Getz” we hear you cry, “we knew he was great but four sets”? We at Avid are, of course, big fans of Mr. Getz and our three previous sets have been extremely popular. But there was something missing we thought, a selection from his great Brazilian influenced era. We have selected two of his finest and most popular albums from that era to represent what was to become a golden moment in the career of Stan Getz and one where he even went on to make the pop charts! We have coupled these classics with both recordings of the first time Stan Getz got together with the famed trombonist J. J. Johnson for what was to become one of the classic live jazz recordings in the catalogue. Both albums became known as “At The Opera House” but in fact one set was actually recorded at The Shrine Auditorium, in Los Angeles while the other was recorded at the Opera House in Chicago. The Chicago set was recorded in stereo and contained five tracks while the Shrine set was recorded a week later in mono and contained six tracks. Our pairing of these two classic concerts together gives you a chance to compare and contrast two very different interpretations of a classic set and to witness two giants of jazz together for the first time and at the top of their game.

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”