FileCat premium

Bill Perkins feat. Metropole Orkestra - I Wished On the Moon (1992) [Big Band, Easy Listening]; FLAC (tracks)

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

Bill Perkins feat. Metropole Orkestra - I Wished On the Moon (1992) [Big Band, Easy Listening]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 21 Apr 2024, 12:44

Artist: Bill Perkins feat. Metropole Orkestra
Album: I Wished On the Moo
Genre: Big Band, Easy Listening
Label: Candid
Released: 1992
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. I Wished on the Moon 03:57
  2. Remember 05:10
  3. Beautiful Love 03:10
  4. Besame Mucho 07:07
  5. Opals 05:41
  6. No More 05:29
  7. Last Port of Call 03:33
  8. Rockin' Chair 05:00
  9. The Summer Knows 06:42
  10. Caravan 04:52

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Bill Perkins is a special guest of the Metropole Orchestra on these studio sessions from 1989 and 1990. Backed by conductor Rob Pronk's lightly swinging arrangements, Perkins packs a punch with his effusive tenor sax in "I Wished on the Moon." He switches to flute for "Beautiful Love," which starts slowly before picking up the pace, while Perkins occasionally calls Eric Dolphy to mind with his bird-like runs. He is also hip to more contemporary sounds, as he plays soprano sax in the funky "Last Port of Call" (co-written by Lorraine Feather and Michael Cimbello). But Bill Perkins saves the best for last with a marvelous soprano sax solo in the exotic, tense arrangement of "Caravan." The strings tend to get a little too prominent in spots, but this is still a very enjoyable album.
Review by Ken Dryden

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”