Artist: Herb Ellis
Album: Nothing But the Blues
Genre: West Coast Jazz, Cool
Label: Fresh Records
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
- Pap's Blues (Brown, Brown) - 7:06
- Big Red's Boogie Woogie (Brunies, Ellis) - 5:39
- Tin Roof Blues (Brunies, Brunis, Mares, Pollack…) - 3:00
- Soft Winds (Goodman) - 6:02
- Royal Garden Blues (Williams, Williams) - 4:46
- Patti Cake (Ellis) - 6:02
- Blues for Janet (Brown, Ellis, Smith) - 7:13
- Blues for Junior (Brown) - 4:51
To download faster without limits and to support jazznblues.club -
buy a premium account on Alfafile through our files via VISA/Master Card.
Thank to everyone, who supports us - we wouldn't be able to have this site without you!
Guitarist Herb Ellis considers this is his favorite personal album and it is easy to see why. With trumpeter Roy Eldridge and tenor saxophonist Stan Getz contributing contrasting but equally rewarding solos and lots of inspired riffing while bassist Ray Brown and drummer Stan Levey join Ellis in the pianoless rhythm section, these performances have plenty of color and drive. Ellis does indeed stick to the blues during the original eight selections yet there is also a surprising amount of variety. This CD reissue has been augmented by four numbers from 1958 originally recorded for a European soundtrack. Getz, Eldridge, and Coleman Hawkins all have their features but Dizzy Gillespie fares best.