Artist: John Zorn
Album: Valentine's Day
Genre: Free Jazz, Noise Rock
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
- Potions And Poisons (Enigma One) 03:05
- Fireworks (Enigma Two) 03:38
- Blind Owl And Buckwheats (Enigma Three) 04:30
- Abramelin (Enigma Four) 03:19
- Seven Secrets (Enigma Five) 02:53
- Before I Saw The Spirit Of A Child (Enigma Six) 04:40
- UX (Enigma Seven) 04:04
- The Voynich Mandala (Enigma Eight) 04:33
- Codebreaker (Enigma Nine) 04:32
- Map (Enigma Ten) 03:41
- Black Mirror (Enigma Eleven) 02:18
- And The Clouds Drift By (Enigma Twelve) 02:48
To download faster without limits and to support jazznblues.club -
buy a premium account on Alfafile through our files via VISA/Master Card.
Thank to everyone, who supports us - we wouldn't be able to have this site without you!
John Zorn doesn't play on his album Valentines Day, but he did write the tunes specifically for this trio of bassist Trevor Dunn, drummer Tyshawn Sorey and guitarist Marc Ribot. The album is a scorcher - really showcasing the best of Ribot's aggressive guitar playing with the imaginative support of the Dunn and Sorey. Kicking off with 'Potions and Poisons', Ribot is slashing and burning his way through a dense forest of percussion over a ominous rumble of bass. Sorey doesn't keep a straight beat but his pulse is all rock, essentially another lead instrument. 'Blind Owl and Buckwheat' finds the trio in a bit of a hoe down mood before splintering into a fractured dance. Before the album wraps, Dunn makes sure to get in some musical punches on 'And the Clouds Drift By' - which may be true as you are lying on your back, looking up, knocked out by the power of this trio.