Album: Conrad Silvert Presents Jazz at the Opera House
Genre: Fusion, Jazz-Funk
Label: Sony Records
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
- CD 1:
- Denny Zeitlin, Herbie Hancock - Free Form/Straight, No Chaser (8:32)
- Toshiko Akiyoshi - The Village (4:02)
- Toshiko Akiyoshi, Lew Tabackin - Falling Petal (7:46)
- Bobby Hutcherson, Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage (13:51)
- Wynton Marsalis, Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Charlie Haden, Tony Williams - Sister Cheryl (6:26)
- CD 2:
- Herbie Hancock - Dedication to Conrad Silvert (2:08)
- Wynton Marsalis, Wayne Shorter, Charlie Haden, Tony Williams - Hesitation (15:55)
- Charlie Haden - Dedication to Conrad Silvert (0:22)
- Wynton Marsalis, Wayne Shorter, Charlie Haden, Tony Williams - Silence (9:16)
- Wynton Marsalis, Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Charlie Haden, Jaco Pastorius, Tony Williams, Bobby Hutcherson - Footprints (16:23)
- Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock - 'Round Midnight (5:42)
To download faster without limits and to support jazznblues.club -
buy a premium account on Alfafile through our files via VISA/Master Card.
Thank to everyone, who supports us - we wouldn't be able to have this site without you!
The late Conrad Silvert had a rare opportunity to achieve the jazz critic's dream by organizing a concert featuring many of his favorite jazz musicians in unusual combinations. This double LP matches together the pianos of Denny Zeitlin and Herbie Hancock on one fairly free performance, has duets featuring pianist Toshiko Akiyoshi with flutist Lew Tabackin and pianist Herbie Hancock with either vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson or Wayne Shorter on tenor, and four numbers ("Sister Cheryl," "Footprints," "Silence" and "Hesitation") with trumpeter Wynton Marsalis (who was then 20), Shorter, Hancock, bassist Charlie Haden and drummer Tony Williams. The results are consistently inspired and often memorable; strange that this music has not been reissued on CD.