FileCat premium

Annette Peacock - I'm the One (1972/2012) [Avant-Garde, Experimental, Blues Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Free-Funk, Experimental Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Annette Peacock - I'm the One (1972/2012) [Avant-Garde, Experimental, Blues Rock]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 18 Aug 2016, 08:27

Artist: Annette Peacock
Album: I'm the One
Genre: Avant-Garde, Experimental, Blues Rock
Label: Future Days Recordings
Released: 1972/2012
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. I'm the One (A.Peacock) - 6:55
  2. 7 Days (A.Peacock) - 3:58
  3. Pony (A.Peacock) - 6:22
  4. Been & Gone (A.Peacock) - 2:26
  5. Blood (A.Peacock) - 2:04
  6. One Way (A.Peacock) - 6:18
  7. Love Me Tender (Presley-Matson) - 3:51
  8. Gesture Without Plot (A.Peacock) - 3:32
  9. Did You Hear Me Mommy? (A.Peacock) - 1:46

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Annette Peacock, the avant garde American composer, collaborator with Salvador Dalí, friend of Albert Ayler and Moog-synth pioneer, brought this seismically influential session out in 1972 – its synth-warped banshee vocals, morphed jazz ballads, Motown grooving and squelchy electronics were to touch many jazz and pop artists in that decade, most David Bowie and Mick Ronson. Early on, Peacock's spacey, harmonically drifting pieces were regularly interpreted by her second husband, the jazz pianist Paul Bley – but she's since been covered by everyone from Busta Rhymes to Pat Metheny and Marilyn Crispell. Peacock has finally reacquired I'm The One's rights from Sony-BMG, and reissued this long-unavailable classic. And for all the familiarity of computer-assisted vocals now, nothing prepares you for the howl of her searingly high notes spiralling up out of spooky organ chords and soul-brass riffs on the title track, or against the rolling blues groove of Pony, or the dark and prowling one of Blood. Elvis's Love Me Tender is the only cover, a blend of soft, lyrical intimacy and fierce exhortation. The underpinnings are as 1970s soul/blues-rooted as any classic-pop listener could wish, but the uncompromising, sound-manipulating focus still sounds contemporary.

Return to “Avant-Garde Jazz, Free Improvisation (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”