FileCat premium

Chris Flory with Duke Robillard - Blues In My Heart (2003) [Blues]; APE (image+.cue)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Chris Flory with Duke Robillard - Blues In My Heart (2003) [Blues]; APE (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 19 Aug 2016, 06:15

Artist: Chris Flory with Duke Robillard
Album: Blues In My Heart
Genre: Blues
Released: 2003
Quality: APE (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Scam (6:46)
  2. Willow Weep For Me (7:20)
  3. Bernie’s Tune (4:49)
  4. I’ve Got A Right To Sing The Blue’s (5:01)
  5. Shine (3:34)
  6. Blue Bossa (4:51)
  7. Please Send Me Someone To Love (5:09)
  8. If Dreams Come True (4:27)
  9. Blues In My Heart (5:19)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Celebrated jazz guitarist Chris Flory (formerly of the Scott Hamilton Quartet and longtime associate of pianist Judy Carmichael) is joined for his fifth album as a leader by members of the New England jump blues aristocracy: guitarist Duke Robillard (who produced the album and sings on its closing track), Roomful of Blues vocalist Sugar Ray Norcia, bassist Marty Ballou, and drummer Chuck Riggs. Flory's former boss, Scott Hamilton, sits in on two track as well. The result is a program of small-ensemble swing that comes across as genuinely joyful, but maybe just a bit too gentle. Flory's tone is warm and soft, and Robillard seems to be holding back just a bit in response. The rhythm section keeps things moving along nicely but doesn't drive the proceedings as hard as they perhaps should have. But that's not to say that the album isn't thoroughly lovely and genuinely enjoyable -- the group's rendition of "Shine" offers a perfect balance between light virtuosity and inexorable swing, Flory's graceful, tripping solos on "Bernie's Tune" are especially impressive, and Norcia's vocal appearances are all highlights on the program. It's just that if the players had let loose a bit more, this album could have been a real blast. As it is, it's just thoroughly lovely and genuinely enjoyable.

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”