2. Slide
  3. Drunk Like You
  4. Graffiti
  5. Buzzin'
  6. Party Like You
  7. Ship Faced
  8. Soundtrack to a Six Pack
  9. White Lightning
  10. The South (feat. Florida Georgia Line, Dierks Bentley & Mike Eli)
  11. This Accent
  12. Peace, Love & Dixie
  13. Hot Damn
  14. Runnin' Red Lights

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

It took the Cadillac Three some time to finish their second album, Bury Me in My Boots. Its first single, "The South" -- a bro-country singalong celebration featuring Florida Georgia Line and Dierks Bentley -- came out in 2013, a full three years before Bury Me in My Boots finally hit the stores, and each of those subsequent years saw a new single: "Party Like You," another bro-country stomper, in 2014, followed by "White Lightning" in the new year, a ballad that has nothing to do with George Jones' classic of the same name. Such activities suggest the Cadillac Three had some difficulty finding either their voice or their audience, and Bury Me in My Boots doesn't do much to dissuade that notion. Alternating between bro country that's just past its sell-by date, summertime party tunes so breezy they get silly, and a heavy dose of southern rock, the Cadillac Three demonstrate versatility but they also seem scattered, as if they're scrambling for an audience. They fare worse on the lightest moments: the wannabe beach anthem "Ship Faced" has an offhand reference to listening to "Bimmy Juffett," they sound cutesy singing about "a little sip sip sippy" from a bottle on "Peace Love & Dixie," and "Hot Damn" is a parade of cringe. Excise these from the record -- the contrived levity tends to infect the songs and surround them -- and Bury Me in My Boots gets better. Perhaps the bro country sounds like a throwback but it's executed well, and the Cadillac Three especially excel when they dig into hard, churning southern rock spiked with a hint of U2. These moments comprise nearly half the album -- the slow sludge of the title track, the churning "Drink Like You," the bittersweet "Runnin' Red Lights" -- and they not only indicate the Cadillac Three may be better on-stage than on record, they point the direction the trio should pursue next time.

Return to “Country, Bluegrass (lossy - mp3)”