FileCat premium

James Carr – The Complete Goldwax Singles (2001) [Soul, Rhythm'n'blues]; APE (image+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

James Carr – The Complete Goldwax Singles (2001) [Soul, Rhythm'n'blues]; APE (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 22 Oct 2016, 07:22

Artist: James Carr
Album: The Complete Goldwax Singles
Genre: Soul, Rhythm'n'blues
Released: 2001
Quality: APE (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. The Dark End Of The Street
  2. These Ain't Raindrops
  3. A Man Needs A Woman
  4. Life Turned Her That Way
  5. Freedom Train
  6. Pouring Water On A Drowning Man
  7. Everybody Needs Somebody
  8. That's The Way Love Turned Out For Me
  9. To Love Somebody
  10. You've Got My Mind Messed Up
  11. I'm A Fool For You
  12. A Losing Game
  13. Stronger Than Love
  14. Lovable Girl
  15. Forgetting You
  16. Love Attack
  17. She's Better Than You
  18. Coming Back To Me Baby
  19. That's What I Want To Know
  20. Talk, Talk
  21. I Can't Make It
  22. Only Fools Run Away
  23. You Don't Want Me
  24. Lover's Competition
  25. Row, Row Your Boat
  26. Gonna Send You Back To Georgia
  27. Let It Happen
  28. A Message To Young Lovers

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

All 28 songs from Carr's 1964-1970 Goldwax singles are here, which is enough to make it a fair bid for a good best-of compilation, although it doesn't have everything he recorded. About half of the songs on this British import are not on the most well-known American CD compilation of Carr's work, The Essential James Carr, and those tracks are consistent with the level of his other Goldwax recordings, although they don't include anything on the level of "The Dark End of the Street" or "Pouring Water on a Drowning Man." This disc is particularly valuable for filling in some of his earliest 1964-1966 sides, which have a very slightly poppier and more up-tempo bent than his most esteemed songs. "That's What I Want to Know"'s groove is pretty Motown-ish, for instance, while "I Can't Make It" and "Only Fools Run Away" have Marvelettes-like chirping in the background. The 1970 funk update of "Row, Row Your Boat" isn't much to cheer about, though. There are plenty who will argue the point, but this doesn't quite live up to Carr's billing as the greatest '60s deep soul singer; Otis Redding (who Carr resembles in some respects) was better, and others had better and more imaginative material. It's good, certainly, and recommended to fans of artists like Redding who are looking for similar stuff that doesn't get played on the radio anymore.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”