FileCat premium

Eric Bibb & Habib Koité - Brothers In Bamako (2012) [Blues / Folk / World Music]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Eric Bibb & Habib Koité - Brothers In Bamako (2012) [Blues / Folk / World Music]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 22 Nov 2016, 07:04

Artist: Eric Bibb & Habib Koité
Album: Brothers In Bamako
Genre: Blues / Folk / World Music
Label: Contre-Jour
Released: 2012
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. On My Way To Bamako
  2. L.A.
  3. Touma Ni Kelen ~ Needed Time
  4. Tombouctou
  5. We Don't Care
  6. Send Us Brighter Days
  7. Nani Le
  8. Khafole
  9. With My Maker Iam One
  10. Foro Bana
  11. Mami Wata
  12. Blowin' In The Wind
  13. Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

“I watched my parents and it rubbed off on me...” This is how Habib Koité traces the origins of his profession and talent as a 20th century griot. Eric Bibb has a similar background: his father, Leon Bibb, is a singer well known in musical theatre and folk music circles and Eric is also the godson of the famous singer and activist Paul Robeson. In other words, Eric grew up surrounded by music. Habib is the heir to an ancestral knowledge set to song that places him among the mostinfluential voices of contemporary Africa. Eric has established his name in the new generation of bluesmen without renouncing the legacy of folk and gospel. What could be more natural than for this Malian and African- American to join the rhythms of their guitars and voices in some transatlantic blues? Two popular singers, two singers rooted in an ancient tradition and everything it infers: knowledge, a unique musical repertoire, and a way of using song to pass a social message. Both have humbly acquired a sense for song that permeates society.

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”