FileCat premium

Phil Woods - Round Trip (1969/2016) [Modern Big Band]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Phil Woods - Round Trip (1969/2016) [Modern Big Band]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 27 Nov 2016, 15:28

Artist: Phil Woods
Album: Round Trip
Genre: Modern Big Band
Label: Verve/Universal Japan
Released: 1969/2016
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Round Trip (2:59)
  2. Here's That Rainy Day (4:01)
  3. Love Song For A Dead Che (2:51)
  4. I'm All Smiles (3:09)
  5. Solitude (2:44)
  6. How Can I Be Sure? (2:52)
  7. Fill The Woods With Laughter (4:03)
  8. This Is All I Ask (3:32)
  9. Flowers (3:23)
  10. Come Out With Me (5:24)
  11. Guess What (2:50)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Verve 60th Anniversary Rare Albums SHM-CD Reissue Series. Reissue with SHM-CD format. Hip and groovy work from Phil – very different than both his earlier bop-heavy sides, and his freer European recordings – recorded with some great backings by Johnny Pate, the excellent Chicago soul arranger who also did some great soundtrack work! Pate's come up with some tight short tracks that have a nice groovy late 60s Verve feel – over which Woods solos angularly on alto, working amidst woodwinds by Jerome Richardson and Jerry Dodgion, piano by Herbie Hancock, trumpet by Thad Jones, and some light strings that trickle in and out from time to time.

This date features Phil Woods with a large orchestra. Woods' playing is inspired, though some of the songs, including the title track, "Love Song for a Dead Che" and "I'm All Smiles" sound rather dated, as if they might have been appropriate for a movie soundtrack of the era. Woods' "Solitude" and Gordon Jenkins' timeless "This Is All I Ask" are attractive ballads, as is "Here's That Rainy Day." Woods' fans will want to pick this up.

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”