FileCat premium

Doris Day With Les Brown - The Complete (1998) [Big Band]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

Doris Day With Les Brown - The Complete (1998) [Big Band]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 05 Dec 2016, 06:37

Artist: Doris Day With Les Brown
Album: The Complete
Genre: Big Band
Label: Collectors' Choice
Released: 1998
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. Dig it
  2. Let's be buddies
  3. While the music plays on
  4. Three at a table for two
  5. Between friens
  6. Broomstreet
  7. Barbara Allen
  8. Celery stalks at midnight
  9. Amapola
  10. Easy as pie
  11. Booglie wooglie Piggy
  12. Beau night in hotchkiss corners
  13. Alexender the swoose
  14. Made up mu friend
  15. Keep cool, fool
  16. Sentimental journey
  17. My dreams are gettind better all the time
  18. He's home for a little while
  19. 'tain't me
  20. I'll always be with you
  21. A red kiss on a blue letter

CD 2:
  1. Till the end of time
  2. He'll have to cross the Atlantic
  3. I'd rather be with you
  4. Come to baby, do!
  5. Aren't you glad you're you
  6. The last time I saw you
  7. We'll be together again
  8. you won't be satisfied
  9. In the moon mist
  10. Day by day
  11. There's good blues tonight
  12. All through the day
  13. The deevil, devil, divil
  14. O got the sun in the morning
  15. My number one dream
  16. The whole world is singing my song
  17. Are you still in love with me
  18. sooner or later
  19. You should hve told me
  20. The christmans song
  21. It could happen to you

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Recorded between 1940 & 1946. Includes liner notes by Joseph F. Laredo. Forty-two songs cut between November 1940 and August 1946, and the perfect companion to Bear Family's It's Magic box set -- anyone who's been even tempted to own that will have to get this more modestly priced precursor to that material. Day's period singing with Les Brown is, today, regarded with a degree of love and affection reserved for Ella Fitzgerald's era with Chick Webb, or Frank Sinatra's work with Harry James and Tommy Dorsey. Yet Sony Music's own releases devoted to Doris Day and Les Brown spread the music around to several different CDs, and suffered from sound that, today, seems substandard. These newly remastered tracks, offered in chronological order, including one previously unissued song ("Are You Still in Love with Me"), not only display a far richer, warmer sound, but have been presented with the kind of care that is normally reserved for the best parts of a label's catalog -- which these sides definitely are. Day's voice during this period (she was 16 when she cut her first sides with Brown) was an astonishingly expressive instrument. Anyone who thinks that 42 songs is more than they want simply hasn't heard her darkly emotive rendition of "When the Music Plays On," or the playful "Three at a Table with You," her jaunty "Broomstreet," or her gossamer enunciation (highlighted by some lovely high notes) on "Between Friends" -- the arrangements and the performances have the texture of the most finely spun silk. The hits are here, of course, but there's hardly a song on hand that doesn't deserve a hearing 50-odd years later. The notes by Joseph Laredo are also lively and informative. ~ Bruce Eder Full title - Complete Doris Day With Les Brown. All 42 songs Doris Day recorded during her 1940-1941 and 1944-1946 stints with the Les Brown Orchestra, and best of all, every track has been newly remastered. Collectors' Choice Music. 1996.

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”