FileCat premium

Mary Wells - Something New: Motown Lost & Found (2012) [Soul/R&B/Pop]; FLAC (tracks)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Mary Wells - Something New: Motown Lost & Found (2012) [Soul/R&B/Pop]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 13 Feb 2016, 17:15

Artist: Mary Wells
Album: Something New: Motown Lost & Found
Genre: Soul/R&B/Pop
Label: Hip-O Select
Released: 2012
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. (You Can) Depend On Me
  2. Why Do You Want To Let Me Go
  3. Money (That's What I Want)
  4. Is It Me Or Is It You
  5. I've Got A Story
  6. Guarantee (For A Lifetime)
  7. To Lose You
  8. Cinderella (It's Twelve O'clock)
  9. When Your Lover Comes Back
  10. I Want You 'Round
  11. My Heart Is Like A Clock
  12. Goodbye And Good Luck
  13. Forgive And Forget
  14. I'll Be Available
  15. Can You Fix It (My Broken Heart)
  16. Have A Little Patience (And Wait)
  17. Free From Your Spell
  18. My World Of Dreams
  19. Your Loss. My Gain (You Lost The Sweetest Boy)
  20. Strange Love (Greystone Version)
  21. Prove It
  22. One Block From Heaven
  23. That's Why I Love You (Like I Do)
  24. Drop In The Bucket
  25. Everybody Needs Love
  26. Honey Boy
  27. When I'm Gone

CD 2:
  1. Back In My Arms
  2. All I Got
  3. You Can Dance
  4. I'm Yours. You're Mine
  5. Oh Lover
  6. Let's Talk It Over
  7. In Case You Need Love
  8. The Second Time Around
  9. This Is Something New
  10. I've Grown Accustomed To His Face
  11. Again
  12. Can't Get Out Of This Mood
  13. The Party's Over
  14. I Wanna Be Around
  15. I Remember You
  16. Teach Me Tonight
  17. Secret Love
  18. All I Do Is Dream Of You
  19. Always
  20. A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

As one of the first signees to the Motown label, a young Mary Wells helped define the early sound of the label that would change the tides of American music forever. Though she left the label at the peak of her popularity in late 1964, Wells wrote and recorded feverishly in her four short years at Hitsville U.S.A., leaving behind a vault of unreleased recordings along with her well-known chart-toppers. Enter Something New: Motown Lost & Found. This collection gathers together 47 tracks, about half of which are completely unreleased archival material and the other half are previously unreleased stereo mixes of songs that found release in various places over the years. The weighty collection shows that Mary's creative trajectory walked a remarkably similar path as that of the Motown label as a whole. The set begins with smooth and soulful post-doo wop numbers from 1961 recording sessions. The girl group soul of "Why Do You Want to Let Me Go" fades into a series of collaborations with Smokey Robinson like the happy-go-lucky calypso tinge of "To Lose You" and the smoky heartbreak of "My Heart Is Like a Clock." As the months burned on and Motown began to explode into worldwide popularity, Wells grew into the Motown sound. Tracks like "Have a Little Patience (And Wait)" feature backing vocals by the Supremes and capture the mixture of caffeinated soul and youthful rock & roll that Motown owned the trademark to. The same 1963 sessions yielded coulda-been-hits like "Free from Your Spell" and the spirited "Your Loss, My Gain," which later became a hit for Wells as "You Lost the Sweetest Boy." The set is rounded out by seven duets with Marvin Gaye and a host of standard tunes from the era when Berry Gordy was pushing his artists toward more adult material. Gordy's attempt to win over the fanfare (and larger expendable incomes) of the sophisticated supper club set resulted in some of the more questionable Motown material, and Wells' loungy standards are lacking when compared to the teenage kicks of the other material here. Even four tunes backed by the Four Tops can't completely save the dip in energy and vibe for the second half of Something New. That said, this collection will be a must for Motown completists, and soul fans will appreciate the spirit of fun and camaraderie captured in the earlier soul tracks.
by Fred Thomas

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”