FileCat premium

The Johnny Smith Trio - Johnny Smith Favorites (1959/2016) [Bop, Cool, Guitar Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

The Johnny Smith Trio - Johnny Smith Favorites (1959/2016) [Bop, Cool, Guitar Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 31 Dec 2016, 06:49

Artist: The Johnny Smith Trio
Album: Johnny Smith Favorites
Genre: Bop, Cool, Guitar Jazz
Label: Roost/Parlophone/Warner Music Japan
Released: 1959/2016
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Moonlight In Vermont (2:37)
  2. My Funny Valentine (3:24)
  3. Little Girl Blue (2:54)
  4. My One And Only Love (2:46)
  5. Jimmy Van Heusen Medley: Darn That Dream / Polka Dots And Moonbeams (4:10)
  6. Satin Doll (2:58)
  7. Blues Back Stage (3:58)
  8. Everything Happens To Me (3:25)
  9. Pavanne (1:33)
  10. Willow Weep For Me (6:06)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Johnny Smith - guitar
  • George Roumanis - bass
  • Mousey Alexander - drums

SHM-CD reissue. Comes with a mini-description. Features new remastering if it comes from Parlophone. Guitarist Johnny Smith in a sweet, laidback trio setting – just the kind of mode that's perfect for his gentle sense of color and tone – a style he virtually invented for jazz guitar in the 50s! The album's one of his classics for the Roost label, and it's a masterpiece in chromatic hues – subtle, simple, but completely fantastic – at a level that makes Johnny Smith one of the true legends in jazz guitar from the 50s. Accompaniment is by George Roumanis on bass and Mousie Alexander on drums – but both players are extremely gentle, and leave most of the sound to Johnny – as it should be. Titles include "Little Girl Blue", "My Funny Valentine", "Polka Dots & Moonbeams", "Everything Happens To Me", "Pavanne", and "Blues Back Stage".

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”