FileCat premium

The Eureka Brass Band Of New Orleans - Jazz At Preservation Hall I (1962/2013) [Dixieland, New Orleans Jazz]; FLAC

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

The Eureka Brass Band Of New Orleans - Jazz At Preservation Hall I (1962/2013) [Dixieland, New Orleans Jazz]; FLAC

Unread postby Mike1985 » 06 Jan 2017, 06:17

Artist: The Eureka Brass Band Of New Orleans
Album: Jazz At Preservation Hall I
Genre: Dixieland, New Orleans Jazz
Label: Atlantic/Warner Japan/WEA/Rhino
Released: 1962/2013
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Just A Little While To Stay Here (5:00)
  2. Bye & Bye (5:00)
  3. Whoopin' Blues (5:04)
  4. Down In Honky Tonk Town (5:37)
  5. Take Your Burden To The Lord (5:34)
  6. Joe Avery's Blues (6:11)
  7. Panama (6:37)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Percy Humphrey - trumpet & leader
  • George "Kid Sheik" Colar & Peter Bocage - trumpets
  • Albert Warner & Oscar "Chicken" Henry - trombones
  • Willie Humphrey - clarinet
  • Emanuel Paul - saxophone
  • Wilbert "Bird" Tilman - sousaphone
  • Josiah "Cie" Frazier - snare drum
  • Robert "Some Few Clothes" Lewis - bass drum

Features 24 bit remastering and comes with a mini-description. Jazz at Preservation Hall: The Eureka Brass Band features New Orleans street parade jazz with bristling horns, sousaphone, and two marching drummers. Trumpeter Percy Humphrey leads an ensemble notable for the presence of saxophonist Emanuel Paul and Percy's brother, Willie, who blows some of the best clarinet he ever recorded. What makes this an unforgettable listening experience is the dual trombone action supplied by Albert Warner and Oscar "Chicken" Henry.

Tailgate trombone is almost always fun, but these two seem to have discovered some sort of harmonic convergence, as two trombones, in unison glissando with a slight burr, deliver an almost intoxicating thrill. The best example of this effect occurs in "Take Your Burden to the Lord," while "Panama" allows the 'bones to interact with the saxophone in marvelous ways. A gem of an album, certainly among the finest extant examples of classic Crescent City jazz as played in the early '60s.

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”