FileCat premium

Joe Bourne - Upbeat And Sweet: Jazz Infused Classic Rock & Pop Songs (2017) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Joe Bourne - Upbeat And Sweet: Jazz Infused Classic Rock & Pop Songs (2017) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 18 Jan 2017, 08:40

Artist: Joe Bourne
Album: Upbeat And Sweet: Jazz Infused Classic Rock & Pop Songs
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Summit Records
Released: 2017
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Magic Carpet Ride
  2. With a Little Help from My Friends
  3. When I Need You
  4. Muskrat Love
  5. You've Made Me so Very Happy
  6. Heartache Tonight
  7. Jazzman
  8. If You Love Somebody Set the Free
  9. You've Got a Friend
  10. Don't Stop
  11. Baby, I Love Your Way
  12. Wonderful Tonight

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Joe Bourne - vocals
  • Sly Slipetsky - piano
  • Brice Winston - sax
  • Mike Levy - bass
  • Lewis Nash - drums
  • Mat Mitchell - guitar

This collection of hit songs from the middle of the 20th Century is sure to tickle the nostalgic fancy of baby boomers. However, the jazz-infused arrangements and virtuosic instrumental solos will appeal to jazz and popular song fans of all ages. Even as more jazz musicians are stretching the meaning of The Great American Songbook, to take hit ballads by one-name rockers like Sting, and Clapton and iconic bands like The Beatles, The Eagles and Steppenwolf and make them your own in a contemporary jazz context is not an easy feat. But Bourne accomplishes it with swinging, rocking and sometimes sambaing arrangements by bassist and producer Mike Levy

Bourne’s rock-solid delivery—no auto tuning here—harkens back to some of the great singers of the last century including Lou Rawls and Al Green, and Nat “King” Cole whom he celebrates on another recording. But he’s not channeling any other singer and or copying the original. What you hear on these 12 hit tunes, from the unlikely Captain and Tennille’s Muskrat Love, with a little muskrat scat, to the inevitable Jazzman closer by Carol King, is pure Joe Bourne supported by some of the best musicians in the West.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”