FileCat premium

Serena Jewkes - The Carriage House Sessions (2017) [Piano Jazz, Vocal Jazz]; mp3, 320 kbps

Mike1985
Uploader

Serena Jewkes - The Carriage House Sessions (2017) [Piano Jazz, Vocal Jazz]; mp3, 320 kbps

Unread postby Mike1985 » 18 Jan 2017, 18:56

Artist: Serena Jewkes
Album: The Carriage House Sessions
Genre: Piano Jazz, Vocal Jazz
Origin: USA
Released: 2017
Quality: mp3, 320 kbps
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. Stairway To The Stars (6:08)
  2. Darn That Dream (5:23)
  3. Estate (7:05)
  4. Moonlight In Vermont (5:49)
  5. But Not For Me (5:24)
  6. Them There Eyes (3:46)
  7. Found Again (5:31)
  8. You're Blase (6:09)

CD 2:
  1. Get Out Of Town (4:53)
  2. When I Fall In Love (5:49)
  3. Skylark (4:22)
  4. Tenderly (4:22)
  5. Autumn In New York (6:46)
  6. You Don't Know What Love Is (5:26)
  7. Azalea (5:22)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Selection of Jazz Standards performed by Joe Bagg (piano), Chris Colangelo (bass), Kendal Kaye (drums), Noel Jewkes (horns, reeds, flute, vocal) & Serena Jewkes (vocals).

We recorded at The Carriage House Studio, an historic Angelean architectural relic that was once my family’s first home. It now belongs to the rare, wry and gifted Sheldon Gomberg, who recorded and produced this album. Sheldon, our dear friend/groomsman/son’s godfather, tenderly captained these songs to find our right interpretation.

With these songs I have stepped into my father’s world. This process revealed a home for us enjoy together. I had always known of my father’s musical virtuosity but had never experienced it. For this project I asked my father to play 7 different instruments. And so we packed up his car and drove them from his home in San Francisco to the studio in Los Angeles. The road trip, our time, the instruments, the experience of his sheer skill, all this memory lives in these songs. We know each other differently now and I will be forever grateful.

I had always wanted this. To record this music with an extraordinary backing band. To document these beautiful songs with my father for myself and for my family.

I am so grateful to my parents who, by their own example, have always inspired me to make music important in my life. I am nurtured by my husband and my son who bring the gift of artistry and music to our home. Huge love for you all!

I hope you enjoy these songs.
Sincerely,
Serena

Return to “Jazz (lossy - mp3)”