FileCat premium

Bobby "Blue" Bland - The Anthology (2001) [Blues]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Bobby "Blue" Bland - The Anthology (2001) [Blues]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 19 Jan 2017, 06:39

Artist: Bobby "Blue" Bland
Album: Anthology
Genre: Blues
Label: MCA Records
Released: 2001
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
    Disc 1:
  1. Lovin' Blues
  2. It's My Life Baby
  3. I Woke Up Screaming
  4. You've Got Bad Intentions
  5. I Smell Trouble
  6. Farther Up The Road
  7. Little Boy Blue
  8. I'm Not Ashamed
  9. I'll Take Care Of You
  10. Lead Me On
  11. Cry Cry Cry
  12. I've Been Wrong So Long
  13. I Pity The Fool
  14. Don't Cry No More
  15. Ain't That Lovin' You
  16. Who Will The Next Fool Be
  17. Stormy Monday Blues
  18. Turn On Your Love Light
  19. Yield Not To Temptation
  20. 36-22-36
  21. Call On Me
  22. That's The Way Love Is
  23. Ain't Nothing You Can Do
  24. Share Your Love With Me
  25. Blind Man
  26. Ain't Doin' Too Bad
  27. These Hands (Small But Mighty)
  28. I'm Too Far Gone (To Turn Around)
  29. Good Tome Charlie

Disc 2:
  1. Poverty
  2. You're All I Need
  3. That Did It
  4. Driftin' Blues
  5. Save Your Love For Me
  6. Rockin' In The Same Old Boat
  7. Ask Me 'Bout Nothin' (But The Blues)
  8. Chains Of Love
  9. If You Got A Heart
  10. Do What You Set Out To Do
  11. Goin' Down Slow
  12. This Time I'm Gone For Good
  13. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of the City
  14. I Wouldn't Treat A Dog (The Way You Treated Me)
  15. Yolanda
  16. I Take It On Home
  17. It Ain't The Real Thing
  18. Let The Good Times Roll
  19. Soul Of A Man
  20. Soon As The Weather Breaks
  21. Recess In Heaven

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

As the quintessential chitlin' circuit R&B/blues star, Memphis-based singer Bobby "Blue" Bland's career has been relatively well-documented on CD. Still, until this 2001 double set, all 25 of his Top Ten R&B hits have not been available in one package. The Anthology is still not a complete career overview though, as it ends in 1982 before his prolific years at Malaco. It does, however, cover a remarkably prolific 30-year period, starting with his first recordings for Duke in 1952 and touching base at Dunhill and MCA, all conveniently located under the current Universal Music label umbrella. Die-hard fans of Bland during this period likely own the three double-disc sets MCA released in the mid-'90s but, for those who don't need the warts-and-all treatment yet want something more in depth than skimpy single-disc collections, this is certainly the way to go. Soul expert Bill Dahl's excellent liner notes provide anecdotes along with the major events that shaped Bland's life and ultimately these recordings. The 16-page book lists detailed and comprehensive individual track information, noting specific musicians on each of the 50 cuts. The overall effect is startling in its consistency. Bland's style and voice are immediately identifiable throughout, and the songwriting -- even on the later tracks -- typically suits his grits-and-honey approach. A previously unreleased live eight-minute 1973 version of "This Time I'm Gone for Good," which demonstrates how effectively Bland extended his songs in concert, is the only collectable track here, but this chronologically arranged set is not geared toward that segment of the audience. Sonically, The Anthology is the best this material has ever sounded, with the '60s songs absolutely stunning in their remastered definition. While he experienced a significant career resurgence in the '80s, which is where this sets stops, these are the classic songs that form the basis of any serious blues collection. As such, it's an essential document of one of America's most talented, and creative, blues singers.
Review by Hal Horowitz

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”