FileCat premium

Curtis Stigers with The Danish Radio Big Band - One More For The Road (2017) [Vocal Jazz, Swing]; FLAC (tracks)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Curtis Stigers with The Danish Radio Big Band - One More For The Road (2017) [Vocal Jazz, Swing]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 26 Jan 2017, 08:52

Artist: Curtis Stigers with The Danish Radio Big Band
Album: One More For The Road
Genre: Vocal Jazz, Traditional Pop, Swing
Label: Concord Records
Released: 2017
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Come Fly with Me
  2. I’ve Got You Under My Skin
  3. Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me
  4. You Make Me Feel So Young
  5. My Kind of Town
  6. Fly Me to the Moon
  7. Summer Wind
  8. They Can’t Take That Away from Me
  9. The Lady Is a Tramp
  10. One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Just in case the title One More for the Road didn't suggest Sinatra, Curtis Stigers underscores his debt to the Chairman of the Board by patterning the artwork for this 2017 collaboration with the Danish Radio Big Band after 1966's Sinatra at The Sands. In fact, One More for the Road is something of a salute to that 1966 record, containing eight songs from that double album and adhering to the snazzy swing of late-period Frank. Stigers even channels that sensibility into "Summer Wind," a gentle breeze of a single, and that's one of the distinguishing factors of One More for the Road. Another distinguishing factor is the cheerful blare of the Dutch Radio Big Band, who are big and brassy without overwhelming the singer. For his part, Stigers doesn't mimic Sinatra, appropriating just a bit of swagger -- and, sometimes, the arrangements -- but plays with his phrasing and alternates between crisp enunciation and elongated notes. This is enough to make One More for the Road something a bit different than a straight-up tribute to Ol' Blue Eyes because it shows how Stigers can hold his presence on-stage while sharing the spotlight with his idol.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”