FileCat premium

Joyce - Feminina (1980/2016) [Brazilian Jazz, Bossa Nova, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Latin, Afro-Beat, Afro-Cuban, Klezmer Jazz, Tango Nuevo, Bossa Nova
Mike1985
Uploader

Joyce - Feminina (1980/2016) [Brazilian Jazz, Bossa Nova, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 28 Jan 2017, 13:32

Artist: Joyce
Album: Feminina
Genre: Brazilian Jazz, Bossa Nova, Vocal Jazz
Label: EMI Music/Universal Japan
Released: 1980/2016
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Feminina (3:48)
  2. Mistérios (4:33)
  3. Clareana (2:51)
  4. Banana (4:17)
  5. Revendo amigos (3:21)
  6. Essa mulher (3:33)
  7. Coração de crianca (3:14)
  8. Da cor brasileira (2:12)
  9. Aldeia de Ogum (4:34)
  10. Compor (2:18)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Feminina, with its infusion of samba and jazz into a palate of jubilant traditional folk, celebrates being a woman; as well as being Brazilian. It’s an ode to the souls and the intellect hidden away by failed governments and their over zealous censorship. The quick, merry acoustic guitar of the opening title song warms us to Joyce’s cause. There is the sweetest plea in her voice as she asks “O mao/Me explica/Me ensina/Me diz/O que e feminine (Oh mother/Explain to me/Teach me/Tell me/What is a woman).”ќ All the while flutes and a Latin rhythm section climb and fall like gulls above the ocean. “Banana”ќ and “Aldeia de ogum”ќ continue in this vain with thrilling cascades of Joyce’s vocals and frenetic strum patterns. The album’s centerpiece, however, is the thoroughly enchanting, “Clareana.”ќ Written as a lullaby for her two daughters, (Clara and Ana) the song wisps and soars with Joyce’s idiosyncratic gentleness. It’s easy to imagine Joyce sitting at the side of her daughter’s bed, lightly stroking her hairs telling her, “No sol de manha/Novelo de la/No ventre de mae/Bate o coracao de Clara, Ana (The morning sun/A ball of yarn/In the mother’s womb/It beats like the heart of Clara, Ana).”

Upon the release of Feminina, Joyce was already an accomplished musician, playing in bands since the mid 1970’s and having performed with such stars as Gal Costa and Vinicius de Moaes. To say that she adopted elements of jazz, bossa, samba, and blues into her bare acoustic melodies would be a gross miscue. Instead, she bore these styles into something new. For this reason Feminina, as well as many of her other albums retain a fresh identity; undergoing a perpetual evolution and never aspiring to record anything static and crystalline. In 1985, the moribund military government of Brazil was voted out of power. Democracy returned and Brazilian’s could be left again to collectively determine the course of their country. As a rich culture heritage re-emerged to the world so did the carioca singer, Joyce.

Return to “World Fusion, Ethnic Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”