FileCat premium

The Time Jumpers - Jumpin' Time: Live At Station Inn (2006) [Country, Western Swing]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Country, Bluegrass
Mike1985
Uploader

The Time Jumpers - Jumpin' Time: Live At Station Inn (2006) [Country, Western Swing]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 16 Feb 2017, 06:39

Artist: The Time Jumpers
Album: Jumpin' Time: Live At Station Inn
Genre: Country, Western Swing
Label: The Crosswind Corporation
Released: 2006
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
    CD 1:
  1. Stompin' At The Station (4:51)
  2. Honeysuckle Rose (4:44)
  3. Sugar Moon (3:58)
  4. Write Myself A Letter (4:46)
  5. Along the Navajo Trail (4:26)
  6. It's All Your Fault (3:11)
  7. Pig Dog Hop (5:21)
  8. Leavin' And Sayin' Goodbye (3:28)
  9. Blues For Dixie (4:25)
  10. Fidoodlin' (2:43)
  11. Bring It On Down To My House (4:16)
  12. Route 66 (6:12)
  13. S M I L E (4:24)

CD 2:
  1. Roly Poly (2:46)
  2. South Of The Border (3:59)
  3. Jumpin' Time (4:40)
  4. Bonaparte's Retreat (3:13)
  5. My Confession (2:57)
  6. Give Me A Pinto Pal (4:02)
  7. Embraceable You (6:14)
  8. Cherokee Maiden (3:53)
  9. My Weakness Is Too Strong (4:17)
  10. All Of Me (4:42)
  11. Caravan (5:04)
  12. Sweet Memories (7:02)
  13. My Window Faces The South (5:55)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Although western swing is a genre that will hopefully never die, it's rare that a new band comes along anymore that breathes as much new life into it as the Time Jumpers do. Not since the emergence of Asleep at the Wheel in the early '70s, in fact, has a group provided as much hope for the continuing vitality of this venerable all-American institution. Well, sort of new, that is: the band, whose membership has shifted considerably but settles in at 11 here, has been at it since 1998. Their weekly gigs at Nashville's Station Inn are legendary around Music City, and it's easy to see why: the Time Jumpers don't attempt to reinvent the wheel here, so to speak; instead, they get to the core of the music, brush off the dust, and remind us why it's been so universally loved for so long.

Their repertoire is impressively considered – along with purebred originals, they cover classics penned by everyone from Fats Waller to George & Ira Gershwin to Mickey Newbury and, of course, Bob Wills. Standards such as Cindy Walker's "Cherokee Maiden" and Bobby Troup's "Route 66," despite having been covered by countless predecessors, don't sound tired by the Time Jumpers, but ready to be rediscovered. The double-CD was wisely recorded in front of an appreciative audience at the Station Inn, and both the vocalists – Carolyn Martin, Dawn Sears, and Ranger Doug Green, in particular – and the pickers are on from the git-go. Fiddler Aubrey Haynie and accordionist Jeff Taylor slay on Duke Ellington's "Caravan," and lead guitarist Andy Reiss puts in a solo in his own show-opening "Stompin' at the Station" instrumental that sets the bar high right away. A companion DVD offers the same 26-song set list.

Return to “Country, Bluegrass (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”