FileCat premium

Maya Rae - Sapphire Birds (2017) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Maya Rae - Sapphire Birds (2017) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 17 Feb 2017, 08:46

Artist: Maya Rae
Album: Sapphire Birds
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Cellar Live
Released: 2017
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Close Your Eyes
  2. Beautiful
  3. Lullaby of Birdland
  4. Water Under Bridges
  5. I Got Rhythm
  6. Sapphire Birds
  7. Dream a Little Dream of Me
  8. I Feel the Earth Move
  9. So Caught Up
  10. Summertime

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Maya Rae – vocals
  • Miles Black – piano
  • André Lachance – bass
  • Joel Fountain – drums
  • Cory Weeds – tenor sax (1, 2, 6, 8, 9)
  • Vince Mai – trumpet (1-3, 6-9)

It is difficult to believe Maya is 14 years old. Her vocalizing is versatile, inventive. Her originals sophisticated. She sounds very mature, making her age seem irrelevant. Maya uses her music to give back to her community. She has performed for Nepal Earthquake Victims, at an anti-bullying campaign, and a personal initiative for two Syrian refugee families. She helped raise more than $20,000. Maya opened for New York pianist/singer Champian Fulton at Frankie's Jazz Club and garnered national radio play on CBC for "I'm Still Waiting For Christmas". Maya 's inspirations - Eva Cassidy, Nina Simone, Christina Aguilera, Alicia Keys, Joni Mitchell, Sarah McLachlan and Ella Fitzgerald. Sapphire Birds is her first full-length CD. "I have loved jazz for some time. I wanted to create a CD including jazz standards with a modern twist and original compositions. Miles Black, who has worked with many jazz musicians, is a pianist extraordinaire. He was a treat to work with. His arrangements and expert musicianship elevated the entire project immensely." "Close Your Eyes" features Maya at her most soulful. "Beautiful" (R&B) shows off her voice well. During "Lullaby Of Birdland," Maya swings happily showing a full understanding of the lyrics. After Black and Lachance have brief solos, she scats displaying the beauty of her voice. In "Water Under Bridges" her restrained but intense vocal is sympathetically accompanied by Black's piano. "I Got Rhythm" is performed as a duet with drummer Joel Fountain with some inventive scatting by Maya. She wrote "Sapphire Birds" when she was in fourth grade. "This is about family and love, from a nine year old's perspective." Maya sounds like a mature pop/folk singer. On "Dream A Little Dream Of Me" she is joined by Black and trumpeter Vince Mai. Her rendition of "I Feel The Earth Move" is filled with enthusiasm. Maya wrote "So Caught Up" in 8th grade. Her memorable debut concludes with "Summertime" with bassist Andre Lachance.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”