FileCat premium

Jonathan Butler - So Strong (2010) [Smooth Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Crossover Jazz, Easy Listening
Mike1985
Uploader

Jonathan Butler - So Strong (2010) [Smooth Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 19 Feb 2017, 08:36

Artist: Jonathan Butler
Album: So Strong
Genre: Smooth Jazz
Label: Rendezvous
Released: 2010
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. So Strong 3:44
  2. You Got to Believe in Something 5:01
  3. Make Room for Me 3:29
  4. Factual 4:09
  5. Feels So Good 3:45
  6. Be Here With You 4:38
  7. Avia / For My Baby 4:25
  8. I'm Right Here 3:31
  9. Color Green 3:59
  10. Good Times 4:02
  11. I Can See Clearly Now 4:54
  12. I Pay Respect 5:09
  13. So Strong (Steppers Mix) 4:04
  14. So Strong (Urban AC Mix) 3:27

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Keith Allen - Vocals (Background)
  • Rick Braun - Horn, Trumpet
  • Jodie Butler - Make-Up, Stylist, Vocals (Background)
  • Jonathan Butler - Arranger, Composer, Guitar, Instrumentation, Producer, Tracking, Vocals, Vocals (Background)
  • Randy Butler - Vocals (Background)
  • Nita Hutton - Vocals (Background)
  • Demeka Jackson - Vocals (Background)
  • Andrea Jones - Vocals (Background)
  • Cammie Knight - Vocals (Background)
  • Kenneth Knight - Organ
  • Dave Koz - Saxophone
  • Shanika Leeks - Vocals (Background)
  • Michael Lington - Saxophone
  • Kurt Lykes - Composer, Vocals (Background)
  • Angie Stone - Vocals

Vocalist/guitarist Jonathan Butler has been fairly consistent in his quest to be the next George Benson, as his recordings could all be easily mistaken for the classic pop/jazz album Breezin'. So Strong follows those same non-discretionary lines, as Butler makes no bones about playing the exact same style of tunes that Benson popularized in the mid-'70s, establishing the so-called smooth jazz format. You hear relatively similar light funk beats, spare guitar chords, or easygoing, simple lines, and the kind of underdeveloped, lazy affectations that are formulaic to this production model, cookie-cutter music. As Butler plays this genre of singer/songwriter pop, he sounds well, creeping closer vocally to Stevie Wonder, his fans should be pleased at the end result. In the pocket and on the make, songs like the title track and "Feels so Good," are purpose-built to slink and seduce one into a late-night lull, while moaning ballads and cooing come-ons dot the surface of these marginal compositions. Butler does hearken back to his South African heritage with ringing chords and a horn complement (Rick Braun and Dave Koz) during "Make Room for Me," and does a quite credible version of the 1972 Johnny Nash hit "I Can See Clearly Now." There's nothing outstanding or all that different to suggest Butler has an interest in establishing his own identity past commercial considerations. Perhaps someday he'll do the pure highlife, kwela, or township jazz album that is within his native soul.

Return to “Smooth, Jazz-Pop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”