FileCat premium

Billie Holiday - Songs for Distingue Lovers (1957/2012) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Billie Holiday - Songs for Distingue Lovers (1957/2012) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 03 Mar 2017, 09:01

Artist: Billie Holiday
Album: Songs for Distingue Lovers
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Analogue Productions/Verve
Released: 1957/2012
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Day In Day Out (Mercer-Bloom) - 6:49
  2. A Foggy Day (Gershwin-Gershwin) - 4:43
  3. Stars Fell on Alabama (Perkins-Parish) - 4:31
  4. One for My Baby (And One More for the Road) (Arlen-Mercer) - 5:40
  5. Just One of Those Things (Porter) - 5:33
  6. I Didn't Know What Time It Was (Rodgers-Hart) - 5:59

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Billie Holiday - vocals
  • Harry Edison - trumpet
  • Ben Webster - tenor saxophone
  • Jimmy Rowles - piano
  • Barney Kessel - guitar
  • Red Mitchell (#1,2,6), Joe Mondragon (#3-5) - bass
  • Alvin Stoller (#1,2,6), Larry Bunker (#3-5) - drums

Songs for Distingué Lovers forms part of the last series of extensive small-group recordings that Lady Day would make in the studio. Although her voice was largely shot at this point, she puts so much feeling into the lyrics that it's easy to overlook her dark sound. The band is a major asset, and made up of all-stars: trumpeter Harry "Sweets" Edison, tenor saxophonist Ben Webster, pianist Jimmie Rowles, guitarist Barney Kessel, bassist Red Mitchell, and Alvin Stoller or Larry Bunker on drums. There are plenty of short solos for Edison, Webster, and Kessel. Holiday does her best on such numbers as "A Foggy Day," "One for My Baby," "Just One of Those Things," and "I Didn't Know What Time It Was," and there are plenty of haunting moments, even if one could tell (even at the time) that the end was probably drawing near for the singer.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”