FileCat premium

Marvin Gaye - Moods Of Marvin Gaye (1966/1987) [Soul, R&B]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Marvin Gaye - Moods Of Marvin Gaye (1966/1987) [Soul, R&B]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 18 Mar 2017, 07:59

Artist: Marvin Gaye
Album: Moods Of Marvin Gaye
Genre: Soul, R&B
Label: Motown Records
Released: 1966/1987
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. I'll Be Doggone (2:48)
  2. Little Darling (I Need You) (2:36)
  3. Take This Heart Of Mine (2:50)
  4. Hey Diddle Diddle (2:30)
  5. One More Heartache (2:43)
  6. Ain't That Peculiar (3:00)
  7. Night Life (3:06)
  8. You've Been A Long Time Coming (2:14)
  9. Your Unchanging Love (3:14)
  10. You're The One For Me (3:26)
  11. I Worry 'Bout You (3:24)
  12. One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) (4:28)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

After Marvin Gaye recorded tributes to Broadway and Nat King Cole in the previous two years, Motown fans may have had their suspicions raised by an LP titled Moods of Marvin Gaye. Yes, there are a few supper-club standards to be found here, but Gaye moves smoothly between good-time soul and adult pop. Most important are his first two R&B number ones, "I'll Be Doggone" and "Ain't That Particular," both from 1965 and both produced by Smokey Robinson. Berry Gordy's right-hand man also helmed "Take This Heart of Mine" and "One More Heartache," another pair of big R&B scores, and just as good as the better-known hits. As for the copyrights not owned by Jobete, the chestnut "One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)" certainly didn't need another reading, but Gaye's take on Willie Nelson's after-hours classic "Night Life" was inspired. Marvin Gaye was improving with every record, gaining in character and strength of performance, and Moods of Marvin Gaye is a radically better record than its predecessors.
Review by John Bush

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”