FileCat premium

Gretchen Parlato - Live In NYC (2013) [Vocal Jazz / Contemporary]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Gretchen Parlato - Live In NYC (2013) [Vocal Jazz / Contemporary]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 08 Apr 2017, 08:17

Artist: Gretchen Parlato
Album: Live In NYC
Genre: Vocal Jazz / Contemporary
Label: ObliqSound Records
Released: 2013
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Butterfly (Herbie Hancock, Jean Hancock, Bennie Maupin)
  2. All That I Can Say (Lauryn Hill)
  3. Alô Alô (Paulinho da Viola)
  4. Within Me (Francis Jacob)
  5. Holding Back the Years (Mick Hucknall, Neil Moss)
  6. Juju (Wayne Shorter, Gretchen Parlato)
  7. Weak (Brian Alexander Morgan)
  8. On the Other Side (Francis Jacob)
  9. Better Than (Gretchen Parlato)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Gretchen Parlato - voice, percussion
  • Taylor Eigsti - piano, fender rhodes
  • Alan Hampton - vocals, guitar
  • Burniss Earl Travis II - bass, vocals
  • Kendrick Scott - drums

Recorded over two nights at Rockwood Hall in New York City in 2012, Live in NYC features acclaimed jazz vocalist Gretchen Parlato performing with her ensemble. The album follows up her critically lauded 2011 studio effort The Lost and Found, as well as her 2009 album In a Dream and her 2005 self-titled debut. Drawing upon the material she recorded for those studio efforts, Parlato gives an atmospheric and soulful performance that showcases her passionate, intimate vocal style. Backing Parlato here are pianist Taylor Eigsti, bassists Alan Hampton and Burniss Earl Travis II, and drummers Mark Guiliana and Kendrick Scott. Blurring the boundaries between straight-ahead jazz, contemporary improvisation, R&B, and singer/songwriter soul, Parlato delves into such songs as "Butterfly," "All That I Can Say," "Holding Back the Years," and others.
Review by Matt Collar

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”