FileCat premium

Antonio Faraò - Far Out (2003) [Contemporary Jazz / Straight-Ahead Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Hard Bop, Post-Bop, Neo-Bop
Mike1985
Uploader

Antonio Faraò - Far Out (2003) [Contemporary Jazz / Straight-Ahead Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 15 Apr 2017, 06:32

Artist: Antonio Faraò
Album: Far Out
Genre: Contemporary Jazz / Straight-Ahead Jazz
Label: CAM Jazz
Released: 2003
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Seven Steps To Heaven (M. Davis - V. Feldman) (05:02)
  2. Andalusia (09:24)
  3. More (N. Newell - M. Ciorciolini - N. Oliviero - R. Ortolani) (03:12)
  4. Cat Steps (G. Ferrio) (03:32)
  5. Walking Into My Soul (05:55)
  6. Far Out (05:24)
  7. Fields (05:23)
  8. Simple (05:03)
  9. For My Friend (04:53)
  10. One Way (07:26)
  11. Fields (piano solo) (04:13)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Antonio Faraò - piano
  • Bob Berg - tenor sax
  • Martin Gjakonovski - bass
  • Dejan Terzic - drums

Pegged years ago by the late Kenny Kirkland as a rising piano star, Antonio Faraò has realized his potential and established himself as one of Europe's most respected young players. The Italian pianist teamed his trio with tenor saxophonist Bob Berg in this CD made less than two months before Berg's death in a traffic accident in December, 2002. Faraò and Berg were a perfectly matched pair, technical whizzes and masters of an international style not centered in the obvious characteristics of any country or jazz idiom. Their up-tempo playing here has high energy and a determined swing growing out of relentless forward movement. It has color and dynamism, even passion, but little overt humor or anything in the way of quotes or other obvious reference points to make it accessible to the casual listener. The medium-tempo and slower pieces are another matter. Faraò converts "How High The Moon" into a forthright 4/4 composition, "Cat Steps," whose familiar harmonic pattern provides a listening key. "Andalusia," Faraò's modish take on Iberian romanticism, is reminiscent in mood of "All Blues" and "Flamenco Sketches" and has a riveting piano solo. "Walking With My Soul" is a trio piece with harmonic simplicity that would render it boring if not for Faraò's dazzling playing with a touch as light as Ellis Larkins'. "Fields" is a waltz in which Faraò and Berg achieve lyricism, as they do on the lilting "Simple" and "For My Friend," a ballad that deserves good lyrics. Bassist Martin Gjakonovski and drummer Dejan Terzic integrate effectively throughout with Faraò and Berg.
Doug Ramsey

Return to “Bop (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”