FileCat premium

Jill Barber - Fool's Gold (2014) [Vocal Jazz, Jazz-Pop]; FLAC (tracks)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Jill Barber - Fool's Gold (2014) [Vocal Jazz, Jazz-Pop]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 20 Apr 2017, 09:21

Artist: Jill Barber
Album: Fool's Gold
Genre: Vocal Jazz, Jazz-Pop
Label: Outside Music
Released: 2014
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Broken For Good
  2. The Least That She Deserves
  3. Let's Call It Love
  4. The Careless One
  5. If Only In My Mind
  6. To The Last
  7. Lucky In Love
  8. Darlin' It Was You
  9. Only You
  10. If You're Going To Break My Heart

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Vancouver’s Jill Barber is set to release her 6th album, Fool’s Gold on June 17th in Canada on the Outside Music label. The album was recorded in Toronto, six months after Jill and husband, CBC personality Grant Lawrence, welcomed their first child Joshua. “I won’t try to kid you about how hard it is to be a new mother, and work at the same time,” says Barber. “Time becomes the new economy. For that reason, much of the making of this record came down to instinct. If it felt right, we just went with it. No second-guessing. It’s a good way to make music. I also put a lot of trust in my producers.”

Fool’s Gold was produced by Les Cooper and Drew Jurecka. Les produced Jill’s albums For All Time, Chances, and Mischievous Moon while Jurecka was behind the board of Jill’s French language album Chansons. Both are in Jill’s touring band. “Nobody knows me better musically than Les and Drew. I’ve made music with these guys for years, played countless shows, spent hours living and breathing music in the studio, on the road, both on and off the record. We speak the same musical short-hand.”

The lead single, “Broken For Good“, harkens back to the glory days of Motown. “What I love about the Motown sound is that musically, it knows exactly how to deliver a message; with a strong backbeat, punctuated by horns, a driving bass line and an immediate pop appeal. It will ultimately get inside your soul but first it’ll just make you want to move your body. I wanted to write some killer songs with this approach and give myself and my band a chance to rock a little.”

Known for her relentless tour schedule, she did a two-week tour of Québec, two months after giving birth. Jill will once again be touring extensively behind the release of Fool’s Gold which will take her to Canada’s top jazz festivals over the summer, then over to Europe, Australia and into the US where she gained a big audience thanks to support from NPR and having her songs featured in “Orange Is The New Black” and a national car commercial campaign.

And why the title of Fool’s Gold? “In life we’re always looking for the real thing. And when it comes to love, we’re all fools. Something shiny and new can turn to brass. Still, we bet everything on the hope that one day our prize will deliver. Rich is the fool who stumbles upon fortune in love”.

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”