FileCat premium

John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers - John Mayall Plays John Mayal (1965/2007) [Blues]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers - John Mayall Plays John Mayal (1965/2007) [Blues]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 21 Apr 2017, 06:46

Artist: John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers
Album: John Mayall Plays John Mayal
Genre: Blues
Label: Decca
Released: 1965/2007
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Crawling Up A Hill
  2. I Wanna Teach You Everything
  3. When I'm Gone
  4. I Need Your Love
  5. The Hoot Owl
  6. R & В Time: Night Train / Lucille
  7. Crocodile Walk
  8. What's The Matter With You
  9. Doreen
  10. Runaway
  11. Heartache
  12. Chicago Line

Bonus Tracks:
  13. Crawling Up A Hill
  14. Mr. James
  15. Crocodile Walk
  16. Blues City Shakedown
  17. My Baby Is Sweeter

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

John Mayall's debut album, recorded live in December 1964, is a little unjustly overlooked, as it was recorded shortly before the first of the famous guitarists schooled in the Bluesbreakers (Eric Clapton) joined the band. With Roger Dean on guitar (and the rhythm section who'd play on the Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton album, bassist John McVie and drummer Hughie Flint), it has more of a rock/R&B feel, rather like the early Rolling Stones, than the purer bluesier material Mayall would usually stick to in his subsequent recordings. The record doesn't suffer for this, however, moving along quite powerfully, and -- unusually for a British R&B/blues band of the time -- featuring almost nothing but original material, all penned by Mayall. Nigel Stanger's saxophone adds interesting touches to a few tracks, the songs are quite good, and while Dean's guitar and Mayall's vocals aren't on the same level as the best instrumentalists and singers in the British blues-rock movement, they're satisfactory. [The 2006 U.K. expanded CD edition added five enjoyable cuts that round up everything else recorded by the pre-Eric Clapton version of the Bluesbreakers, including the 1964 single "Crawling Up a Hill"/"Mr. James"; the early 1965 single "Crocodile Walk"/"Blues City Shakedown"; and the February 1965 outtake "My Baby Is Sweeter," which first showed up on the early-'70s British compilation Thru the Years. "Crawling Up a Hill" and "Crocodile Walk" also appear on the original John Mayall Plays John Mayall album in live performances, but the bonus track versions are entirely different studio recordings done for those non-LP singles, and are pretty good as well.]
Review by Richie Unterberger
bootleg43

Re: John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers - John Mayall Plays John Mayal (1965/2007) [Blues]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby bootleg43 » 21 Feb 2018, 16:23

"USA Union" and "Blues From Laurel Canyon" please? Love your blog and all you do for us. Thanks so much!

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”