FileCat premium

Eric Gales - The Story Of My Life (2008) [Blues Rock]; APE (image+.cue)

Blues Rock
Mike1985
Uploader

Eric Gales - The Story Of My Life (2008) [Blues Rock]; APE (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 01 May 2017, 06:36

Artist: Eric Gales
Album: The Story Of My Life
Genre: Blues Rock
Label: Provogue Records
Released: 2008
Quality: APE (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Save Yourself (5:43)
  2. I Ain't No Shrink (4:17)
  3. The Story Of My Life (6:07)
  4. Layin' Down The Blues (4:48)
  5. The Sound Of Electric Guitar (3:36)
  6. Red, White And Blues (8:28)
  7. Very Educated (4:54)
  8. Cut And Run (5:08)
  9. Borderline Personality (6:01)
  10. You Ain't The boss Of Me (7:30)
  11. Bringin' The Hammer Down (6:00)
  12. You Don't Move Me (6:49)
  13. Gypsy (5:08)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

It is no coincidence that Eric Gales is listed as providing "guitar and vocals" rather than "vocals and guitar" in the credits of The Story of My Life. While Gales is a competent singer, he is an excellent guitarist; what one hears on The Story of My Life and previous Gales releases is really singing in service of guitar playing rather than guitar playing in service of singing. Of course, competent doesn't mean weak or bad -- and while Gales' vocal chops aren't in a class with his guitar chops, he has no problem getting his emotional points across on this 2008 release. The Story of My Life finds Gales forming a power trio with bassist Steve Evans and drummer Jeremy Colson; comparisons to the Jimi Hendrix Experience (one of the 1960s' most influential power trios) are inevitable, and there is no getting around the fact that Hendrix is a huge influence throughout this blues-rock/hard rock/psychedelic rock CD. Hendrix has always been a major influence on Gales, and Gales' singing, guitar playing, and songwriting are all very Hendrix-minded on hard-rocking tracks like "The Sound of Electric Guitar" and "Save Yourself" (although Hendrix was a much stronger vocalist than Gales). Hendrix, however, isn't Gales' only influence, and The Story of My Life also owes something to Stevie Ray Vaughan, Cream, and Robin Trower as well as Chicago blues icons such as Buddy Guy and Howlin' Wolf. This derivative outing doesn't break any new ground for Gales, who was never groundbreaking to begin with. But it is an enjoyable, worthwhile example of what Gales typically brings to the table: adequate singing, solid songwriting, and killer guitar playing.
Review by Alex Henderson

Return to “Blues Rock (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”