FileCat premium

Andreas Stahel - Circular Hocket (2008) [Minimal Jazz, Avant-Garde, Experimental]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Chamber Jazz, Improvised Music, Avant-Garde Crossover
Mike1985
Uploader

Andreas Stahel - Circular Hocket (2008) [Minimal Jazz, Avant-Garde, Experimental]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 11 May 2017, 08:22

Artist: Andreas Stahel
Album: Circular Hocket
Genre: Minimal Jazz, Avant-Garde, Experimental
Label: Tonus-Music-Records
Released: 2008
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Steaming Shapes (07:09)
  2. Circular Hocket I (04:49)
  3. Wheel Trance I (05:03)
  4. Soft Trance I (08:46)
  5. Circular Hocket II (04:06)
  6. Wheel Trance II (05:45)
  7. Vortex (06:16)
  8. Circular Hocket III (04:07)
  9. Soft Trance II (08:21)
  10. Wheel Trance III (05:05)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

If you take "Wheel Trance II" as a representative track of "Circular Hocket", Andreas Stahel's second Tonus Music album, play it to a test audience, and pose the apparently banal question how many musicians are creating the sound, most of them will probably say three. Wrong! What is emerging from the loudspeakers is a solo performance which, and this is true for almost all the tracks on the CD, is acoustic and recorded without the aid of electronics or overdubs. The man who achieves this tour de force is Andreas Stahel, born in 1967 in St. Gallen, resident in Winterthur, who is almost unparalleled in the way he incorporates the maxim of a wind instrument as an amplification of breath, with body and soul.

Stahel’s music functions at exactly this fundamental level, where the art lies in the spectacular densification of breath. Making use of bass and contrabass flutes and his own vocal chords, the flautist conjures up different soundscapes, the complexity of which seems to belie that they stem from Stahel alone.

Whether with hallucinogenic loop patterns, archaic-seeming incantations (as perceived by the author) or delicate, gravity-defying celestial sounds, this new album demonstrates the full potency and potential breadth of expression which is inherent in human breath.
Georg Modestin

Return to “Modern Creative, Third Stream (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”