FileCat premium

Gretchen Parlato - Gretchen Parlato (2005) [Bossa Nova, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Latin, Afro-Beat, Afro-Cuban, Klezmer Jazz, Tango Nuevo, Bossa Nova
Mike1985
Uploader

Gretchen Parlato - Gretchen Parlato (2005) [Bossa Nova, Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 28 May 2017, 10:11

Artist: Gretchen Parlato
Album: Gretchen Parlato
Genre: Bossa Nova, Vocal Jazz
Released: 2005
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Skylark (Carmichael) - 4:21
  2. Flor de Lis (D'Javan) - 6:30
  3. Come to Me (Bjork) - 5:20
  4. Nonvignon (Loueke) - 4:28
  5. Ela e Carioca (Jobim) - 5:08
  6. Chega de Saudade (Jobim) - 3:18
  7. Benny's Tune (Loueke) - 5:42
  8. Juju/Footprints (Shorter) - 4:34

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Gretchen Parlato - vocals, percussion
  • Lionel Loueke - guitar, vocals
  • Aaron Parks - piano
  • Massimo Biolcati - bass
  • Cafe - percussion

With her self-released disc, Gretchen Parlato -- winner of the highly competitive Thelonious Monk International Jazz Vocals Competition in 2004 -- charts an original and beautiful course.

Working with Lionel Loueke, whose wordless vocals and quiet, fingerpicked guitar stylings blend seamlessly with Parlato's voice, she demonstrates a mastery of Brazilian music on a pair of Jobim tunes.

Her vocal riff that opens "Skylark" sets the stage for one of the most appealing versions I've ever heard of that great Hoagy Carmichael song. Along with two tunes by Loueke, with an almost folk feeling, Parlato offers a highly rhythmic version of Bjork's "Come to Me", and puts lyrics to Wayne Shorter's "JuJu/Footprints".

Shorter, as enchanted with Parlato as the likes of Herbie Hancock and Flora Purim, says "There's no one like Gretchen out there." Having seen Parlato weave her understated magic with Loueke in the intimate 55 Bar in Greenwich Village, as well as heard this impressive debut CD, I certainly agree.

Return to “World Fusion, Ethnic Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”