FileCat premium

The George Lewis Band Of New Orleans - Jazz At Preservation Hall IV (1962/2013) [Dixieland, New Orleans Jazz]; FLAC

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

The George Lewis Band Of New Orleans - Jazz At Preservation Hall IV (1962/2013) [Dixieland, New Orleans Jazz]; FLAC

Unread postby Mike1985 » 30 May 2017, 07:02

Artist: The George Lewis Band Of New Orleans
Album: Jazz At Preservation Hall IV
Genre: Dixieland, New Orleans Jazz
Label: Atlantic/Warner Japan/WEA/Rhino
Released: 1962/2013
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Salutation March (3:01)
  2. Salty Dog (2:52)
  3. Winin' Boy Blues (2:49)
  4. Pork Chops (3:23)
  5. Down By The Riverside (2:54)
  6. Linger Awhile (2:49)
  7. In The Sweet By & By (2:37)
  8. Burgundy Street Blues (4:16)
  9. Indian Sagua (2:20)
  10. Careless Love (3:40)
  11. Listen To The Mockingbird (3:16)
  12. St. Louis Blues (2:45)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • George Lewis - cl
  • Avery "Kid" Howard - tp
  • Jim Robinson - tb
  • Alcide "Slow Drag" Pavageau - b
  • Emanuel Sayles - bjo
  • Joe Watkins - d
  • Snookum Russell - p
  • "Papa John" Joseph - b

Features 24 bit remastering and comes with a mini-description. This is the music that will be playing when you die and go to heaven. Excellent original style Dixieland, George's clarinet is heaven!

I don't know if any record can do justice to the live experience of the original giants of jazz creating this stuff. But the George Lewis tracks on this record come pretty close! For this alone this CD is well worth buying.
Back in the 60s, I took off from high school Up North one winter to hitch-hike to New Orleans (beginning in the middle of a snow storm – crazy kid) to see the Mardi Gras. At that point in my musical development I was a bass player in a garage band modeled after the electric blues heard on the first Paul Butterfield-Mike Bloomfield record, plus whatever other authentic Chicago Blues we could lay our hands on. With the fanaticism of youth, no other music existed for me. Little Walter was the king of harmonica players, Otis Rush was the ultimate guitar player, Freddy Bellow was the drummer of the generation.

New Orleans changed all that forever. A few nights later, enjoying the balmy weather of the Deep South, I walked by a somehat decrepit looking bar in the French Quarter and walked into the delerious decibels of some of the hottest Dixieland Jazz I had ever heard. Upon closer inspection, the source of this ferocious instrumental ecstacy was the George Lewis Band, a half dozen Old Masters of Dixieland now in their 70s or 80s, playing their hearts and guts out. I never had heard such intensity before except from those Chicago cats. This was a musical revolution to me. Plus the New Orleans jazzers were able to express a wider and subtler range of feelings. Thus my youthful ears were opened forever to all great music, without ideological prejudice – from Charlie Patton to Ravi Shankar to Andy Statman.

But the credit for this education goes to George Lewis and company.

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”