FileCat premium

Atlantic Starr - Atlantic Starr (1978/2010) [Funk, Soul, Disco]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Atlantic Starr - Atlantic Starr (1978/2010) [Funk, Soul, Disco]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 07 Jun 2017, 09:10

Artist: Atlantic Starr
Album: Atlantic Starr
Genre: Funk, Soul, Disco
Label: PTG Records
Released: 1978/2010
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Stand Up (4:30)
  2. Keep It Comin' (4:32)
  3. Visions (3:33)
  4. Being in Love with You Is So Much Fun (3:58)
  5. (I'll Never Miss) The Love I Never Had (3:47)
  6. Gimme Your Luvin' (4:58)
  7. With Your Love I Come Alive (4:16)
  8. We Got It Together (3:51)
  9. Don't Abuse My Love (2:56)
  10. Where There's Smoke There's Fire (4:20)
  11. Stand Up (Single Version) (3:32)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Atlantic Starr was still trying to get its sound together when this, its first album to the hit the charts, was released. The nine-piece band had an impressive showing on the Billboard R&B charts with "Stand Up" and "Keep It Comin'." The former, led by Wayne Lewis, is a hand-clapping affair with a humpin' funk groove. The latter, led by Sharon Bryant and David Lewis, is a decent effort. Respectively, they both peaked at 16 and 49 on the charts. "(I'll Never Miss) The Love I Never Had" is a notable number. David Lewis comes across with a more convincing delivery than on the other selections he is featured on. The most engaging number is "With Your Love I Come Alive," which showcases Porter Carroll Jr. on lead. His tenor is brawny yet agile and his delivery comes with an unrehearsed feel. Wayne Lewis' vocals were still in a developmental stage, and he had not yet grasped that imposing tone he would later master.
Review by Craig Lytle

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”