FileCat premium

Big Al Dorn & the Blues Howlers - They Call Me Big Al (2017) [Chicago Blues]; FLAC (tracks)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Big Al Dorn & the Blues Howlers - They Call Me Big Al (2017) [Chicago Blues]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 08 Jun 2017, 06:57

Artist: Big Al Dorn & the Blues Howlers
Album: They Call Me Big Al
Genre: Chicago Blues
Released: 2017
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Red Wine Man 04:04
  2. The Love Club 07:19
  3. Uptown Lady 04:44
  4. Classy Not Trashy 04:35
  5. Nobody Understands Me 07:28
  6. 18 Long Years 06:42
  7. Dont't You Step on Me 04:33
  8. Fairest of the Fair 04:21
  9. Stone Cold Stoned 05:11
  10. I've Had Too Much to Drink 07:22
  11. Shootin' Iron 06:16
  12. They Call Me Big Al 03:25
  13. Big Al's Boogie 04:06

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

"Big" Al Dorn & The Blues Howlers bring an original, authentic and polished Blues sound with a sprinkle of R&B and Soul to go with it. Super Smokin' Grooves, coupled together with savage, powerful harmonica and stinging guitar, they play original tunes with a fiery passion with nods to Blues legends John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, the Three Kings, all the great harp players, along with legendary local players like Reverend Raven, Jim Liban, The Blues Disciples and MANY MORE!!!!!! This band is an absolute force to be reckoned with!!!!!

"Big" Al Dorn on the Harmonica, Guitar and Lead Vocals delivers super killer, story driven vocals throughout the whole album as well as searing harmonica with nods to Little Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson #2, Junior Wells, James Cotton & many others. "Shootin' Iron", a John Lee Hooker inspired song about a man being sold out by his only friend, resulting in jailtime and death, "Big" Al displays his proficiency in the John Lee Hooker guitar style. Robert Allen Jr. lays down half the guitar tracks with his trademark searing sound. The entire feel of the album is laid down by one of Milwaukee's best drummers Dave Braun. His rhythms drive each song with energy and excitement.

The majority of the Bass Lines have been laid down by Bass Player George Orcholski, who has played with The Blues Howlers since the beginning. When not gigging "Big" Al, he leads his own Blue/Rock group Shades of Grey. On three tunes, The Milwaukee Bass legend Rick Holmes lays down the funky grooves that have made him famous in Milwaukee for decades.

This album is not short of guest talent either, "Barefoot" Jimmy Schwarz and Paul Stilin from the Blues Disciples guest appear on five tunes. “Barefoot” Jimmy Schwarz on the harp and back up vocals delivers killer vocals through the cd as well as searing and soothing harmonica. Guitarist Paul Stilin steps out displaying the mastery of guitar tone and tasty chops that has brought him to the top of his craft. Southern Soul Vocalist Erica Johnson delivers a stellar and stunning performance on "Classy Not Trashy", a tune that infuses together West-Side Chicago Blues with R&B. Erica sometimes performs with The Blues Howlers as well as being a member of The Blues Disciples.

Steve Hamilton, leader and owner of Makin' Sausage Music, engineers and co produces this fine production. Made with a searing passion!!!!!!! This album and band is an absolute force to be reckoned with!!!!!!!
rodelc

Re: Big Al Dorn & the Blues Howlers - They Call Me Big Al (2017) [Chicago Blues]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby rodelc » 06 Nov 2020, 15:46

Hi Mike,
It seems there is a problem with the link. Thank you for your help ! :roll:
rodelc

Re: Big Al Dorn & the Blues Howlers - They Call Me Big Al (2017) [Chicago Blues]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby rodelc » 05 Dec 2020, 07:17

It would be great to have this one available again! Thank you so much.

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”