FileCat premium

Buddy DeFranco and the All-Stars - Wholly Cats (2007) [Swing]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Ragtime, Dixieland, Big Band, New Orleans Jazz, Jump Blues, Neo-Swing
Mike1985
Uploader

Buddy DeFranco and the All-Stars - Wholly Cats (2007) [Swing]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 09 Jun 2017, 06:21

Artist: Buddy DeFranco and the All-Stars
Album: Wholly Cats. The Complete "Plays Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw Sessions" Vol.1
Genre: Swing
Label: LoneHill Jazz
Released: 2007
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Benny's Bugle (Goodman) 5:55
  2. A Smooth One (Goodman) 6:39
  3. Air Mail Special (Christian, Goodman, Mundy) 4:37
  4. More Than You Know (Eliscu, Rose, Youmans) 5:23
  5. Wholly Cats (Goodman) 11:49
  6. Goodbye (Jenkins) 2:27
  7. Seven Come Eleven (Christian, Goodman) 4:45
  8. My Blue Heaven (Donaldson, Whting) 3:55
  9. Stardust (Carmichael, Parish) 4:45
  10. Cross Your Heart (DeSylva, Gensler) 4:48
  11. Frenesi (Dominguez, Whitcup) 5:09
  12. Medley : Dancing in the Dark - Moonglow - Time on My Hands (Adamson, DeLange, Dietz, Gordon) 3:31
  13. Indian Love Call (Friml, Hammerstein, Harbach, Harbach) 3:31
  14. Summit Ridge Drive (Shaw) 4:31

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

This release and its companion volume include the complete original LPs: I Hear Benny Goodman & Artie Shaw, Buddy De Franco plays Benny Goodman, Buddy De Franco plays Artie Shaw, Wholly Cats and Closed Session.

Buddy DeFranco plays tunes associated with Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw – but in a completely different way than before – with a wider-open swing for the 50s! The work here is all small combo, not big band – and there's a free-flowing groove that's totally great – a sound that carries echoes of the earlier years, but which comes across with that modern inflection to swing that made Buddy's years at Verve so great. Few players could come up with a balance of modes as great as this – and on the 2 sessions in the set, DeFranco's clarinet is caught alongside trumpet from either Don Fagerquist or Ray Linn, tenor from Georgie Auld, vibes from Victor Feldman, piano from Paul Smith or Carl Perkins, guitar from Barney Kessell or Howard Roberts, bass from Leroy Vinnegar or Joe Mondragon, and drums from Stan Levey or Milt Holland. First volume features 14 titles that include "Benny's Bugle", "A Smooth One", "Air Mail Special", "My Blue Heaven", "Seven Come Eleven", "Cross Your Heart", "Frenesi", "Indian Love Call", "Summit Ridge Drive", and "Stardust".
openbsdude

Re: Buddy DeFranco and the All-Stars - Wholly Cats (2007) [Swing]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby openbsdude » 21 Aug 2023, 08:34

Hi Mike. Thanks for the upload.

This file is corrupt. Can you re-up?

Thanks!

Return to “Early Jazz, Swing, Gypsy (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”