FileCat premium

Barbara Weathers - Seeing For The Very First Time (1995) [Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Funk, Soul, R&B
Mike1985
Uploader

Barbara Weathers - Seeing For The Very First Time (1995) [Soul, R&B]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 27 Feb 2016, 18:12

Artist: Barbara Weathers
Album: Seeing For The Very First Time
Genre: Soul, R&B
Label: VideoArts Music Inc.
Released: 1995
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. What Kind Of World Is This (5:04)
  2. Let It Be Me (4:07)
  3. Dreams Of Love (3:37)
  4. If You Could See You (4:20)
  5. Some Things Are Worth The Wait (4:25)
  6. Seeing For The Very First Time (3:35)
  7. Show Me (3:53)
  8. All Of My Love (5:00)
  9. Reach Out, I'll Be There (4:25)
  10. Love Of My Life (4:58)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

It's a true shame that this gifted, ex-Atlantic Starr vocalist has been unable to achieve substantial recognition in her own name. While her performances on some of that group's classics ("Always," "Secret Love") have a secure place in R&B history, the caliber here is just as high -- even higher in some cases. The landscape of this Japan-only sophomore set ranges from the jazzy articulations of "What Kind of World Is This" to the sunny, soul-pop arrangement of "Some Things Are Worth the Wait." In each case, Weathers is clear and crisp in her stylings, which bear the influences of both a gospel-trained soul singer and an savvy pop vocalist. Jeffrey Weber's expert production and orchestration are on an even keel throughout, hitting peak moments with the poignant ballad "Dreams of Love" and the aforementioned "What Kind of World Is This." The team of Bill Meyers, Ross Vannelli, and Jimi Randolph also take a turn at the tables on Weathers' spunky rendition of the Four Tops' "Reach Out (I'll Be There"; meanwhile, Maurice White and Meyers pitch in for her graceful performance of their own "Love of My Life." While her 1990 set for Warner Bros. contains some impressive selections, this disc has more continuity, and its songs allow her to stretch out more and showcase a wider range of vocal colors. This makes the CD worth its likely high cost for those who are able to find it.

Return to “Funk, Soul, R&B (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”