FileCat premium

Harry Allen - Harry Allen Meets John Pizzarelli Trio (1997) [Mainstream Jazz, Cool]; FLAC (tracks)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Harry Allen - Harry Allen Meets John Pizzarelli Trio (1997) [Mainstream Jazz, Cool]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 14 Jun 2017, 06:50

Artist: Harry Allen
Album: Harry Allen Meets John Pizzarelli Trio
Genre: Mainstream Jazz, Cool
Label: RCA/Novus
Released: 1997
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. Pennies From Heaven [5:33]
  2. Dear Old Stockholm [3:32]
  3. You're Driving Me Crazy [6:58]
  4. Early Autumn [3:22]
  5. I Want To Be Happy [5:28]
  6. These Foolish Things [5:57]
  7. Blue Lou [3:45]
  8. Body And Soul [5:34]
  9. Sunday [4:41]
  10. Dot's Cheesecake [5:42]
  11. When Harry Met Martin [3:13]
  12. Polka Dots and Moonbeams [4:27]
  13. Limehouse Blues [5:08]

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Harry Allen - tenor saxophone
  • John Pizzarelli - guitar
  • Ray Kennedy - piano
  • Martin Pizzarelli - bass

After a decade on the scene, tenor-saxophonist Harry Allen, in 1995, was finally on the brink of being discovered, or at least recognized, by the greater jazz world. At that point in time, his tenor sound often recalled Stan Getz and Zoot Sims, but in a more swing-oriented setting. Teamed up with the John Pizzarelli Trio (with Pizz on guitar, pianist Ray Kennedy and bassist Martin Pizzarelli), Allen performs 11 vintage standards plus Bucky Pizzarelli's "Dot's Cheesecake" and his own "When Harry Met Martin" (which he co-wrote with Martin Pizzarelli). Among the highlights of this melodic and swinging set are "Pennies from Heaven," "Dear Old Stockholm," "I Want to Be Happy," "Sunday" and "Limehouse Blues." Easily recommended to mainstream swing collectors and an excellent example of Harry Allen's tenor playing.
Review by Scott Yanow

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”