FileCat premium

Ryo Kawasaki - Mirror of My Mind (1979/2015) [Fusion, Jazz-Funk]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Jazz-Rock, Jazz-Funk, Jazzy Blues
Mike1985
Uploader

Ryo Kawasaki - Mirror of My Mind (1979/2015) [Fusion, Jazz-Funk]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 14 Jun 2017, 07:04

Artist: Ryo Kawasaki
Album: Mirror of My Mind
Genre: Fusion, Jazz-Funk
Label: Think! Records
Released: 1979/2015
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Trinkets & Things (Shottam-Kawasaki) - 6:50
  2. I've Found the Way of Love (Kawasaki) - 6:59
  3. Dreams for Radha Part I, II, & III (Kawasaki) - 7:52
  4. Brasiliana (Powell) - 4:06
  5. Winter's Here (Shottam-Kawasaki) - 4:08
  6. In & Out of Love (Kawasaki) - 6:44
  7. Little One (Kawasaki) - 4:53

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

While listening to this CD by master guitarist Ryo Kawasaki, I tried to figure out what was so different from other acid / contemporary jazz releases? After reading the bio on this brilliant musician, it hit me, this man is a true "inventor" of original music. Ryo has a very "deep" background. Born in Tokyo, Japan, Ryo studied music at a very young age, and was considered a semi-professional by age 16. Ryo holds a physics degree from Nippon University and is recognized as being a renowned scientist. Back in 1979 Ryo not only developed one of the first guitar synthesizers but he also wrote three innovative music software programs for the Commodore 64. (Remember when that was considered a computer.)

Ryo uses his scientific mind in conjunction with his superb musical talent to create music that is not only famed but indeed ingenious. Ryo has released 28 solo albums while also producing and participating on 30 additional albums. On "Mirror of My Mind" Ryo features sidemen, Harvey Mason, Michael Brecker, Anthony Jackson and vocals by the very talented Radha Shottom. This album is often cited as being a pioneer in the early development of the acid jazz movement. Ryo's guitar playing spans the gamut of a Jimi Hendrix rock fusion style to the smooth sultry manner of a George Benson. It was hard to believe that this album was originally released in 1979 because of its modern aura and tempo.

Ryo was definitely a man ahead of his time. I truly enjoyed the originality expressed by Ryo in his music and I'm sure you will too.
Review by Samira Blackwell

Return to “Jazz Fusion (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”