FileCat premium

Craig Taborn Trio - Chants (2013) [Contemporary Jazz, Modern Creative]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Chamber Jazz, Improvised Music, Avant-Garde Crossover
Mike1985
Uploader

Craig Taborn Trio - Chants (2013) [Contemporary Jazz, Modern Creative]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 25 Jun 2017, 17:19

Artist: Craig Taborn Trio
Album: Chants
Genre: Contemporary Jazz, Modern Creative
Label: ECM Records
Released: 2013
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Saints
  2. Beat The Ground
  3. In Chant
  4. Hot Blood
  5. All True Night / Future Perfect
  6. Cracking Hearts
  7. Silver Ghosts
  8. Silver Days Or Love
  9. Speak The Name

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Craig Taborn - piano
  • Thomas Morgan - bass
  • Gerald Cleaver - drums

Recently hailed by DownBeat as one of the visionaries of the current wave, Craig Taborn has a unique perspective on creative music-making. Just as Avenging Angel subverted expectations of solo improvised piano, so does Chants find its own response to the vast tradition of the piano trios. The pieces that Taborn has been writing for the band in the eight years of its existence are set up to generate a new group music by channeling the special skills of drummer Gerald Cleaver and bassist Thomas Morgan. I knew that if I created a context and then deferred, fully, to Geralds and Thomass sensibilities it would inherently be stimulating and would also challenge the context. I wanted to invite that challenge: Id much rather engage with the group, always, than have the format be piano adventures with supporting cast. Morgan and Cleaver share the leaders concern for compositional shape and multi-layered improvisational detail, as the music is pulled between the poles of density and spaciousness, to dramatic and thrilling effect. Chants was recorded in New York in June 2012, and produced by Manfred Eicher.

Return to “Modern Creative, Third Stream (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”