FileCat premium

Sonny Stitt & Bennie Green - My Main Man (1964/2004) [Cool Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Sonny Stitt & Bennie Green - My Main Man (1964/2004) [Cool Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 13 Jul 2017, 11:32

Artist: Sonny Stitt & Bennie Green
Album: My Main Man
Genre: Cool Jazz
Label: Argo/Verve/Universal
Released: 1964/2004
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Flame and Frost (Edwards) - 4:35
  2. Let's Play Chess (Stitt) - 4:54
  3. Double Dip (Stitt-Green) - 4:46
  4. Our Day Will Come (Gorson-Hilliard) - 5:22
  5. May Main Man (Stitt-Green) - 6:01
  6. The Night Has a Thousand Eyes (Mizzy-Taylor) - 5:19
  7. Broilin' (Stitt-Green) - 4:27

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Sonny Stitt - alto saxophone, tenor saxophone
  • Bennie Green - trombone
  • Bobby Buster - organ
  • Joe Diorio - guitar
  • Dorel Anderson - drums

Bennie Green was no where near the technician Stitt was. In fact, his trombone vocabulary precedes J. J. Johnson's and the bebop revolution of Bird and Diz. Nevertheless, Sonny and Bennie sounded like soul mates on the two occasions I caught them together at McKee's Show Lounge 63rd and Cottage in Chicago. Their meetings didn't produce the sparks of Stitt and Jug (Gene Ammons) but a spirit of rare camaraderie (Stitt could be an ornery loner).

On this session, Green's broad, open sound comes through better than in person (he was playing without a mike in front of a Hammond B-3 when I caught him), and Sonny exercises restraint and good taste in deference to his good friend and worthy musical companion. (The title track and two others can also be found on a Stitt anthology called "How High the Moon.") Another recommended album by the pair is "Pow."

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”