FileCat premium

Frank Sinatra & Count Basie and His Orchestra - It Might as Well Be Swing (1964/1998) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Vocal Jazz
Mike1985
Uploader

Frank Sinatra & Count Basie and His Orchestra - It Might as Well Be Swing (1964/1998) [Vocal Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 13 Jul 2017, 13:06

Artist: Frank Sinatra & Count Basie and His Orchestra
Album: It Might as Well Be Swing
Genre: Vocal Jazz
Label: Reprise Records
Released: 1964/1998
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words) (Howard) - 2:32
  2. I Wish You Love (Trenet-Beach) - 2:58
  3. I Believe in You (Loesser) - 2:23
  4. More (Ortolani-Oliviero-Ciorciolini-Newell) - 3:07
  5. I Can't Stop Loving You (Gibson) - 3:01
  6. Hello, Dolly! (Herman) - 2:48
  7. I Wanna Be Around (Mercer-Vimmerstedt-Zeller) - 2:23
  8. The Best Is Yet to Come (Coleman-Leigh) - 2:56
  9. The Good Life (Distel-Reardon) - 2:30
  10. Wives and Lovers (Bacharach-David) - 2:48

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Frank Sinatra and Count Basie's second collaboration, It Might as Well Be Swing, was a more structured, swing-oriented set than Sinatra-Basie, and in many ways the superior album. The album consists of then-recently written songs, arranged as if they were swing numbers. The results work splendidly, not just because arranger/conductor Quincy Jones found the core of each of the songs, but because Basie and his band were flexible. Adding a string section to their core band, Basie plays a more standard swing than he did on Sinatra-Basie, but that doesn't mean It Might as Well Be Swing is devoid of jazz. Both Basie and Sinatra manage to play with the melodies and the beat, even though the album never loses sight of its purpose as a swing album. However, what makes It Might as Well Be Swing more successful is the consistently high level of the performances. On their previous collaboration, both Sinatra and Basie sounded a bit worn out, but throughout this record they play with energy and vigor.
Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine

Return to “Vocal Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”