FileCat premium

Altered Five Blues Band - Cryin' Mercy (2014) [Soul-Blues]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Texas, Chicago, Modern and Others
Mike1985
Uploader

Altered Five Blues Band - Cryin' Mercy (2014) [Soul-Blues]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 16 Aug 2017, 15:37

Artist: Altered Five Blues Band
Album: Cryin' Mercy
Genre: Soul-Blues
Label: Omnivibe Records
Released: 2014
Quality: FLAC (image+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. Demon Woman (4:16)
  2. I'm In Deep (3:25)
  3. Find My Wings (4:54)
  4. Stay Outta My Business (3:33)
  5. Counterfeit Lover (3:45)
  6. I Got You (4:00)
  7. Who's Your Lover? (4:39)
  8. Move House (4:23)
  9. Here's Your Hat, What's Your Hurry (3:16)
  10. Urgent Care (3:07)
  11. Back Button (3:55)

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Bass, Backing Vocals – Mark Solveson
  • Drums, Percussion – Scott Schroedl
  • Guitar, Backing Vocals – Jeff Schroedl
  • Keyboards – Raymond Tevich
  • Lead Vocals – Jeff Taylor

When Altered Five Blues Band released their debut album in 2008, they earned credence for sparking songs from rock’s blues-infused years to life in new and inventive ways. 2008’s Bluesified found the Milwaukee-based quintet reviving a wide sampling of influences, including the Rolling Stones (“Beast of Burden”), Creedence Clearwater Revival (“Fortunate Son”) and Sting (“If You Love Somebody Set Them Free”). Following the release of their second album Gotta Earn It, comprised entirely of original material, Altered Five returned last fall with Cryin’ Mercy, an 11-track collection written by the band and produced by Grammy winner Tom Hambridge.

On Cryin’ Mercy, Altered Five introduce their latest project with an edge of southern swing through the powerfully rhythmic opener “Demon Woman.” The quintet produces an aura of casual speed on “I’m in Deep” and “Here’s Your Hat, What’s Your Hurry” – the effect is one of effortless know-all as guitarist Jeff Schroedl and vocalist Jeff Taylor pair technical ability with commendable timing. Meanwhile, bassist Mark Solveson, keyboardist Raymond Tevich and drummer Scott Schroedl have their own moments in the spotlight. Solveson maintains an essential backbeat on “I’m In Deep,” while “Back Button” opens with a mighty interlude from Scott Schroedl. As Taylor sings of personal strivings and false love in “Find My Wings” and “Counterfeit Lover,” the tracks are elevated by a soulful quality derived from Tevich’s keyboard work.

Cryin’ Mercy has the effect of an experienced group playing in a small venue or bar packed with blues fans. Altered Five have fun with their music: they maintain strong rhythms and stick to a contemporary blues sound, but rules of form and sound don’t get in their way. Instead, Altered Five let their music evolve as they play, giving tracks like “Counterfeit Lover” and “Who’s Your Lover” a live feel. By giving the songs a chance to develop, Altered Five demonstrate a sense of control over their work that seems to progress with each new release.
Review by Meghan Roos

rodelc

Re: Altered Five Blues Band - Cryin' Mercy (2014) [Soul-Blues]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby rodelc » 10 Jun 2021, 17:35

Hello Mike,
It seems the file is not available anymore. Thank you for your help !
Mike1985
Uploader

Re: Altered Five Blues Band - Cryin' Mercy (2014) [Soul-Blues]; FLAC (image+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 16 Jun 2021, 00:59

re-up
rodelc

Unread postby rodelc » 16 Jun 2021, 16:38

Thank you SO MUCH !!!

Return to “Blues (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”