FileCat premium

Eric Alexander - Temple of Olympic Zeus (2007) [Post-Bop, Straight-Ahead Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

West Coast Jazz, Soul-Jazz, Standards
Mike1985
Uploader

Eric Alexander - Temple of Olympic Zeus (2007) [Post-Bop, Straight-Ahead Jazz]; FLAC (tracks+.cue)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 19 Aug 2017, 12:40

Artist: Eric Alexander
Album: Temple of Olympic Zeus
Genre: Post-Bop, Straight-Ahead Jazz
Label: HighNote Records
Released: 2007
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue)
Tracklist:
  1. The Temple of Olympic Zeus (Alexander) - 7:55
  2. Someday We'll All Be Free (Hathaway-Howard) - 6:23
  3. Dave's System (Alexander) - 6:56
  4. Some Other Time (Bernstein-Comden-Green) - 5:14
  5. Blues for David (Montgomery) - 9:21
  6. Lucas Too (Alexander) - 7:18
  7. I'm Gonna Laugh You Right Out of My Life (Coleman-McCarthy) - 7:56
  8. I'll Keep Loving You (Powell) - 5:26

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

Personnel:
  • Eric Alexander - tenor saxophone
  • Jim Rotondi - trumpet (#3), flugelhorn (#1,2,6)
  • David Hazeltine - piano
  • Nat Reeves - bass guitar
  • Joe Farnsworth - drums

Ever since he first began to be noticed in 1992, Eric Alexander has developed into one of the giants of the tenor sax. He is not an avant-garde trailblazer; nor are there scores of saxophonists who sound like his clones. But Alexander has developed his own sound within the areas of hard bop to post-bop; he gives the impression that he can sound confident and very credible in any setting, and he has yet to make an unworthy recording. He has led at least 20 CD recordings since his emergence, with Temple of Olympic Zeus being one of his best. The middle of the CD, where Alexander performs a lyrical version of "Some Other Time" and a hard-swinging "Blues for David," features some of his finest playing. Four selections add the fiery trumpet of Jim Rotondi, who is a particularly suitable match with Alexander. Pianist David Hazeltine sounds inspired throughout this outing and bassist Nat Reeves and drummer Joe Farnsworth are stimulating and supportive. But the main star is Eric Alexander, a brilliant improviser who deserves much more recognition for invigorating jazz's modern mainstream.
Review by Scott Yanow

Return to “Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”