FileCat premium

Buena Vista Social Club Presents: Omara Portuondo (2000) [Afro-Cuban Jazz, Mambo]; FLAC (tracks)

Latin, Afro-Beat, Afro-Cuban, Klezmer Jazz, Tango Nuevo, Bossa Nova
Mike1985
Uploader

Buena Vista Social Club Presents: Omara Portuondo (2000) [Afro-Cuban Jazz, Mambo]; FLAC (tracks)

Unread postby Mike1985 » 19 Aug 2017, 13:00

Artist: Omara Portuondo
Album: Buena Vista Social Club Presents: Omara Portuondo
Genre: Afro-Cuban Jazz, Mambo
Released: 2000
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Tracklist:
  1. La Sitiera
  2. He Perdido Contigo
  3. Donde Estabas Tu
  4. Mariposita De Primavera
  5. Canta Lo Sentimental
  6. Ella Y Yo.flac
  7. No Me Vayas A Enganar
  8. No Me Llores Mas
  9. Veinte Anos
  10. El Hombre Que Yo Ame (The Man I Love)
  11. Siempre En Mi Corazon

DOWNLOAD FROM FILECAT.NET >>>

A beautifully executed and produced album by Omara Portuando, the only woman to appear on the original Buena Vista Social Club recordings. Portuando, who is one of Cuba's most acclaimed musicians and a featured performer at the Tropicana, has shown here that, at 70, she still possesses the qualities that helped develop her stardom on her native island. This recording, which covers a variety of traditional musical styles, from son to guajira to bolero, makes it easy to see why critics have called her the Edith Piaf of Cuba and "The Fiancée of Feeling." The style, especially on the second track, "He Perdido Contigo," evokes a nostalgic, old-fashioned sentiment, and the songwriting is classic. Featured performers include Rubén González on piano, Eliades Ochoa and Compay Segundo on guitar, and a full string section including Angel and Arelis Zaldivar. The performances are lively and tight, creating an album that feels nearly perfect. A full set of liner notes, including English translations of all of the lyrics, makes the album even more accessible.
Review by Stacia Proefrock

Return to “World Fusion, Ethnic Jazz (lossless - FLAC, APE, etc.)”